Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, this is my first post! I have been searching quite a while for mussels/ mussel cluster, or other unusual bivalves. That being said, does anyone know of any sites that sell them? Thank you very much for your time! IF YOU HAVE SOME IN YOUR TANKS SHOW'EM OFF, POST THEM BELOW!

OP
OP
Jeremy K.A.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're livestock is suitable for mixed reef tanks as well as study purposes!? I'd stumbled upon the gulf specimen site but wasn't sure if it was suitable for aquarium purposes

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're livestock is suitable for mixed reef tanks as well as study purposes!? I'd stumbled upon the gulf specimen site but wasn't sure if it was suitable for aquarium purposes
They're wild-caught specimens, so it's essentially the same as what you would find in most fish stores.

U

User1

View Badges
Sort of Necro an older thread but I was doing some research on these (Bivalve) and wondering if they reproduce in home aquariums? I have several of them of various sizes of which the largest is about 1 1/2". I'm pretty sure they are a hitch hiker but no idea from when since I've not put in any form of live rock since 2000. If they are from that rock then they are super special because in 2007 that tank crashed and the only thing that survived, to my best knowledge, was the sand and some zoa's. Everything since was coral only or recently 150 lbs of dry, and I mean absolutely dry, Pukani.

I know they are from my 40 breeder I moved a couple weeks ago just don't recall seeing them. So a nice surprise so reading on how they grow in population or I just had that many because they are of various size. This hobby always surprises me - pretty cool side benefit, right?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back