MontanaReefer406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I recently added a couple chromis to my nano tank and they sadly passed away very quickly. I cant imagine it was due to water quality or acclimation. Took a picture of one of the chromis and seemed to have black spots on the face. No idea where this disease could have come from. My clownfish are unaffected. Black ich???Thoughts???

Thanks for your help!

20200224_153151.jpg Screenshot_20200225-005656_Gallery.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rapid deaths are very troubling. Chromis are notorious for carrying uronema. A quick and deadly killer. But you usually see sores, especially red sores before the death.

Black Ich's spots are raised up a bit from the worms attachment. Do those spots look raised to you?

OP
OP
MontanaReefer406

MontanaReefer406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rapid deaths are very troubling. Chromis are notorious for carrying uronema. A quick and deadly killer. But you usually see sores, especially red sores before the death.

Black Ich's spots are raised up a bit from the worms attachment. Do those spots look raised to you?

Its hard to tell. I had a firefish in there before the chromis and it sadly died, pretty quickly. I didnt expect disease till the chromis died too. But whatever it is seems to be in there before the chromis.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to tell. I had a firefish in there before the chromis and it sadly died, pretty quickly. I didnt expect disease till the chromis died too. But whatever it is seems to be in there before the chromis.
Any noticeable symptoms on the Firefish? Hiding from the light, swimming into the flow of the powerhead, not eating, gasping for breath, etc.? Velvet for example, can kill without the visible spotting as it usually attacks within the gills unseen doing tremendous damage sometimes bringing rapid death.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back