TvanB1

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty confident that my male is gone.
I think the stress of adding the juvenile got to him. He was constantly displaying and darting around the tank.
I might try to add another small one now and let them pair up.
Ive started culturing tigger and apex pods in anticipation for a few new fish.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female in my DT changed so I sold the pair I have in QT to my friend Alton. He told me that they are doing well in his tank. I am looking for another female. Here is my male Black Leopard. The other Leopard I. The DT is a common leopard.
4DA7D348-6097-4A7A-9925-047F2C82AE76.jpeg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female in my DT changed so I sold the pair I have in QT to my friend Alton. He told me that they are doing well in his tank. I am looking for another female. Here is my male Black Leopard. The other Leopard I. The DT is a common leopard.
4DA7D348-6097-4A7A-9925-047F2C82AE76.jpeg
How long have you had him and how long did it take to change?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had him and how long did it take to change?
Had him for about 1 year. She was small only about 1.5 inches when I got her. Change at about 2-2.25 inches about 6 months later.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had him for about 1 year. She was small only about 1.5 inches when I got her. Change at about 2-2.25 inches about 6 months later.
That's what size mine is. Had her since Sept '18, she was about 1.75" then and about 2.5" now. I've heard some change, some dont. That's a pretty male you got, I'm a bit jelly...

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like mine. He is the lone Black Leopard. If I see a healthy female or Juvenile I will get her. I also have two Meleagris Leopard. The larger of these may change. I wonder of the two male leopard will tolerate each other. My larger Meleagris have turn quite blue with black spots in comparison to the younger one that is silver with black spots. The larger Meleagris can be seen in these pictures. The Black Leopard were actually display to the Meleagris.

BlackLeopardWrasse2020040401Male.jpg BlackLeopardWrasse2020040402Male.jpg

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a non nuptial coloration of my Male Black Leopard Wrasse
Nice
The new juvenile I bought is doing well and picking up weight. Not sure what happened to my male... He was seemingly healthy and eating as usual but just disappeared one day.
What do you feed your Leopard and China wrasses?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat everything in addition to hunt all day. They love Otohime pellets. Otohime Top Dress pellets, Frozen Mysis, a combination of flakes from Omega One, and oyster or shell fish on the half shell. The Leopard and China wrasse eat all of those foods.

OP
OP
TvanB1

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat everything in addition to hunt all day. They love Otohime pellets. Otohime Top Dress pellets, Frozen Mysis, a combination of flakes from Omega One, and oyster or shell fish on the half shell. The Leopard and China wrasse eat all of those foods.

What size Otohime? My China wrasse only seems to go after very small pieces of food.
Recently I have been feeding my own soft pellets made from Golden Pearls (smallest size), spirulina, copepod powder, decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, crushed Otohime pellets, selcon, and probiotics.
I also feed LRS Fertility Frenzy, live Tigriopus californicus, and BBS.
- A few of my T. californicus cultures crashed last month so I haven’t fed those in recent weeks.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I don’t agree at all that live foods are require for leopard wrasse. OK, you may come across an adult specimen that can only be tempted by copepods, etc.; but the vast majority that recover from initial acclimation will take frozen. I do have a stash of nutramar ova that is my frozen-of-last-resort food. My issue with the black is not getting it to eat initially, rather keeping on weight. Even with treatment for internal parasites, they just waste away. I have multiple other species that don’t waste away. Curious.
All of my Leopard Wrasse really gore on pellets. Mine like pellets much more than frozen. Having live food is nice to initially get them to eat but long term they are very trouble free and grow fast and fat on auto feeder that feed pellets. I use Otohime Pellets.
BlackLeopardWrasse2019041801.jpg
BlackLeopardWrasse2020051601.jpg
BlackLeopardWrasse2021012102.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice Fish !!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back