OP
L

LokeLucky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.012 is fine for Neobenedenia. 1.009 is needed for marine ich, Cryptocaryon, but it is riskier to do. I can't advise you on this - the tang didn't show any distinct signs of ich, but its skin was so congested it would be impossible to tell. I'd hate to have you cure the Neo but then lose the fish to ich. On the other hand, going to 1.009 can kill the fish, but if you don't get to that point exactly, it won't take care of ich.

Here is a post I made on hyposalinity:

Jay
Ok, thank you so much. Last question sorry should I do this process to all the fish in this qt ? Along with black tang i have Oreni and clown fish in this system.
Does this disease stay in water colum and attack other fish ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you so much. Last question sorry should I do this process to all the fish in this qt ? Along with black tang i have Oreni and clown fish in this system.
Does this disease stay in water colum and attack other fish ?

Neobenedenia infects a wide variety of fish, but I do not know if it infects Oreni tilefish (I've never had one, and I don't know how it will react to hypo!). Neo can infect clownfish.

Common wisdom is since Neo has adhesive eggs that are resistant to many drugs, all fish exposed need to be treated.

Many years ago I co-authored a paper on Neo host records. If you want to review that, it might shed some insight on the tilefish? (I ran a search for "tilefish" and didn't find a match though).

Jay

OP
OP
L

LokeLucky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neobenedenia infects a wide variety of fish, but I do not know if it infects Oreni tilefish (I've never had one, and I don't know how it will react to hypo!). Neo can infect clownfish.

Common wisdom is since Neo has adhesive eggs that are resistant to many drugs, all fish exposed need to be treated.

Many years ago I co-authored a paper on Neo host records. If you want to review that, it might shed some insight on the tilefish? (I ran a search for "tilefish" and didn't find a match though).

Jay

noted, I am starting the process for hypo. Will add black tang and clown fish for now and will watch closely how the Oreni tile fish will do in the same old tank.

Thank you so much Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back