Lol. Yup, a fair comparison
Or maybe "Tremors".
Tremors-image-tremors-36471295-800-447.jpg

ictvaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bristle worm, I had one, never touch it, it will cause a temporary numb, followed with a slight pain, nothing more though. But these guys will attack your fish only at night. Go in your tank and lift your center rocks and there's probably more, that same size...

My tank had many, find and kill them so the smaller ones can be eat by your selected crew for them. If you don't have a clean up crew for them, buy some. There's so many options for clean up crews.

Hopes this helps.

I found the bristle worms to feel like they left their bristles in the skin and when rubbed the wrong way....YEEEEEOUCH. Not only that, but after several exposures in one week my hands started swelling up. Hunt them suckers with a pair of tweezers....and that is no joke.

bobbychullo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think a really large wrasse could eat one of those dudes? Or any of the predatory fish we keep in the hobby? Thoughts? Who could do battle with this guy? Let's say you have a 2,000 gal. Tank, and you can't catch him. What fish would you try? Give a reason behind your choice.

mantis shrimp

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mantis shrimp
I went to the lfs to browse today and they have a smash display tank with a mantis shrimp in it. They had some hermits in it too. I asked the guy if the mantis was eating the hermits. He said the mantis tries but isn't strong enough to break the hermit shells. So I don't think the psycho mantis shrimps can take on the Bobbit demons.

megisawesome06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. This has truly been the most horrifying thing I've ever seen in my life. I hold you all accountable for my inevitable nightmares.
Seriously though...how does one not know its in there if it's a million feet long? Now I'm paranoid I could have one! [emoji33]

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They typically come in small, a couple inches or so in the live rock. It takes years for them to reach the feet+ length you see and only if you are providing enough food for them.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%

Back