Booster pump mounting help

  • Thread starter Thread starter sean151
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
76
Reaction score
34
Location
MV, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on remaking my RODI system and in the process I am mounting everything to the wall now. I have everything setup, but the mounting situation for my booster pump (aquatec cdp 8800 w/ rubber feet). Has anyone worked on mounting this model vertically?
 
Like this?
MVIMG_20200609_211453.jpg
 
CFC4C7AD-7215-4667-9B5E-5B976872E3EB.jpeg


I agree with @Rob.bucek — horizontal or vertical mounting shouldn’t matter; it’s a pretty bad-boy pump. You’ll like it.
 
To be clear, mine (photo above) is all screwed into plywood on the wall— painted Rustoleum black. It’s not just painted wall. :)
 
It's easiest if you remove the pump from the mount first, screw the mount to the surface first. #8 or #10 are around the size that would work. I think I used 1"long screws.
 
To be clear, mine (photo above) is all screwed into plywood on the wall— painted Rustoleum black. It’s not just painted wall. :)
I am using a board as well, definitely recommend it to others as it allows you to not worry about the weight of the unit.
 
98C5C0F2-623C-4027-AF26-E2DB382DA730.jpeg

it’s pretty crude, actually. You can do better. But I had some heavy gauge loops of plastic laying around, and I put two on the bottom and one on each side and screw the men. It held the unit— and only then needed sturdy zip ties through the loops to hold the unit from falling forward. Sorry for the bad explanation. I think the sturdy zip ties is the main key; metal eyelets screwed into the board would probably do the same thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new