Booted from Facebook Saltwater Group because I said "I DONT TEST"

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is great, you know your tank that well and don't need to test, jealous, even though I don't test that often either lol, but still, it is your own decision and you shouldn't have been booted. With that being said, and I will probably get some backlash from this response. It is no surprise to me that you were booted, here it comes, if the President of the US can be booted off FB, then there is absolutely no stopping the control they have over people!! I think it is pathetic that social media has gotten to the point of not allowing other people's opinions without being blocked or removed. Where has our constitutional right of freedom of speech gone?? As someone said previously, cancel culture is in full-force and we as people has to start standing up for our rights against this monopoly of controlling us on social media and every other area of life! I personally can't believe where our country has gone and hope and pray that things will start to change. I hate FB and everything thing it stands for at this point and rarely post anything on it. Thanks R2R for this forum, I have read and posted more on this site in last few weeks, than I have on FB in years!!! I love that there is no discrimination of saying something wrong or what I may feel is a stupid question I have asked or statement I have made. Thank you R2R members for helpful information and interesting posts!! Back to your original post, kudos to you again for knowing your tank and watching your sea life that well!
Without a doubt, the most brilliant post on R2R! Finally someone who gets it. Congradulations!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, when you get booted from NextDoor app then we know you have a problem - smile

I say good riddance to bad rubbish

mjh712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that group sounds a little... testy...

Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
duncan62...if the kannapolis you're from is in north carolina...where is the local place you shop?

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this book of faces of which you speak????

I test if I think there might be a problem, so maybe once every 2-3 years (this is year 35 or so of reefing). I, too, let my tank tell me there is a problem rather than go looking for one and then chasing numbers that aren't "perfect".

I couldn't agree more with the "there are winners and losers" theory of reef keeping. Nature will find a way, regardless of our best attempts to force it another way.

jkAjDYrl.jpg

ReVGI3rl.jpg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Without a doubt, the most brilliant post on R2R! Finally someone who gets it. Congradulations!

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the private world censoring someone. You can't go to work and say whatever you want to whomever you want and not face any backlash for it. Freedom of speech (used to) protect you from the government.

I'm pretty anti-government myself and can not stand the current climate and direction our society has been heading for years. I also understand my freedoms and how they apply. You're free to choose your actions but you are not free to choose your consequences, especially in the private sector.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where has our constitutional right of freedom of speech gone??
1A doesn’t protect your right to say whatever you want wherever and whenever you want. That’s not what ‘free speech’ means.

It simply means that the government can’t control, or more specifically, punish you for your speech.

If you think you have ‘free speech’, just walk into your bosses office and tell him you think he’s the biggest idiot you’ve ever met in your life. Then come back here and let us know where you’re applying for your next job at.

A Facebook group is not the government. OP has no 1A protections in a FB group

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has the potential arc of this read truly completed if this thread never makes it to the fb post for self assessment? Their growth?

someone, anyone, infiltrate and link. then link that link here with short update blurbs on how many likes it got so those not in fb can know

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has the potential arc of this read truly completed if this thread never makes it to the fb post for self assessment? Their growth?

someone, anyone, infiltrate and link. then link that link here with short update blurbs on how many likes it got
I dropped Facebook years ago, and have zero use for it. That said, it would almost be worth jumping back in to join this group to let them know that I manage 35+ reef aquariums of 100gal and larger, and while I do have a very nice Salifert test kit, I have no idea where it’s at. And even if I did find it, the reagents are years old and presumably worthless.

Then maybe post a few tank pics just to twist the knife a little more.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, that and a reunion page I can see going for my high school buddies would be the only reason I’d consent to such tracking as if me being logged into google is any less. one all seeing eye is plenty

meanwhile I mainly avatar lurk my buddies on their fb page and I’m impressed, I want in, to see where the new mexico winds cast us all

my pico turns seventeen in December only it’s temp and salinity are known. It was phosphate tested in 2016 but that result offended me and wasn’t verified.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is great, you know your tank that well and don't need to test, jealous, even though I don't test that often either lol, but still, it is your own decision and you shouldn't have been booted. With that being said, and I will probably get some backlash from this response. It is no surprise to me that you were booted, here it comes, if the President of the US can be booted off FB, then there is absolutely no stopping the control they have over people!! I think it is pathetic that social media has gotten to the point of not allowing other people's opinions without being blocked or removed. Where has our constitutional right of freedom of speech gone?? As someone said previously, cancel culture is in full-force and we as people has to start standing up for our rights against this monopoly of controlling us on social media and every other area of life! I personally can't believe where our country has gone and hope and pray that things will start to change. I hate FB and everything thing it stands for at this point and rarely post anything on it. Thanks R2R for this forum, I have read and posted more on this site in last few weeks, than I have on FB in years!!! I love that there is no discrimination of saying something wrong or what I may feel is a stupid question I have asked or statement I have made. Thank you R2R members for helpful information and interesting posts!! Back to your original post, kudos to you again for knowing your tank and watching your sea life that well!
I just….

I hate to say it, because I’m sure someone will be offended and that’s not my aim, but any more (and it’s been this way for a while) FB is just for old people to spread misinformation and complain about manufactured culture war topics.

Last edited:

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
duncan62...if the kannapolis you're from is in north carolina...where is the local place you shop?

I am not Ducan62, but I am from Charlotte, NC. I buy all my fish at Nemo' Reef, and they are in IndianTrail. You will have to cross Charlotte to get there. I am ashamed to admit I have never quarantine my fish, but so far I have gotten neither parasite, nor disease. However I do not have corals. I have been buying from them for several years now.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread headed downhill like a 1970’s Olympic ski jump

rock bottom in 3, 2

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1A doesn’t protect your right to say whatever you want wherever and whenever you want. That’s not what ‘free speech’ means.

It simply means that the government can’t control, or more specifically, punish you for your speech.

If you think you have ‘free speech’, just walk into your bosses office and tell him you think he’s the biggest f-in idiot you’ve ever met in your life. Then come back here and let us know where you’re applying for your next job at.

A Facebook group is not the government. OP has no 1A protections in a FB

Well one good thing, the only boss I could say that too is myself and sometimes I do lol!
I guess you missed what I was saying, regarding the whole free speech thing, I happen to know what the constitution and free speech means. That is my point there doesn't seem to be a freedom of speech allowed by certain groups, govt., whatever, depending on what one may say, if they don't like it, they either shut you down, or start posting hateful replies or messages. My point being, just because paintman said he didn't test his parameters, didn't deserve him getting thrown out of the group!! Someone just decided they didn't like what he said and removed him, instead of just having a peaceful, none judgmental discussion about it.
Now let's just talk about good things, like the beauty of our tanks and how only ourselves can be judgmental about what we do with them!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back