Bounce mushroom PAR thread

pixelhustler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
213
Reaction score
154
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a picture of your bounce mushroom along with the PAR, light type (LED, T5, Halides) and light make/model. Let’s see if there really is a correlation between PAR and bubbles.

I’ll start:

PAR 75-90
LED, AI Hydra 32


IMG_3508.jpeg
 
PAR, light type (LED, T5, Halides) and light make/model.
No shrooms myself, just here to add: it may also help to list what settings (channels and intensities) are being run to see if specific types of light (such as red, UV, green/yellow, etc.) are related to the bounce or not.
 
No shrooms myself, just here to add: it may also help to list what settings (channels and intensities) are being run to see if specific types of light (such as red, UV, green/yellow, etc.) are related to the bounce or not.
I was trying to keep it low effort for people to share but more details are always welcome :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Other than lineage, flow and blues/UV, my theory is that higher PAR with proper acclimation makes larger bubbles. In the past, the consensus was mushrooms did better in low light (imports) but I think they grow faster and bubblier in higher PAR if given time to acclimate. I’m slowly working towards 150+ PAR.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new