Brand New Reefer

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and thanks for the warm welcome I've already received. I'm an avid aquarist with 5 freshwater tanks and I've finally worked up my nerve to dive into saltwater (see what I did there?

Today I set up my Fluval Evo 13.5 - see pic below. I used 13-14 lbs of Carib Sea Life Rock and 10 lbs of Nature's Ocean live sand. I may have too much rock - any feedback would be appreciated.

I've read several books in preparation for starting this tank but I know I am a total newb and will be making mistakes - I look forward to learning from everyone here.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and thanks for the warm welcome I've already received. I'm an avid aquarist with 5 freshwater tanks and I've finally worked up my nerve to dive into saltwater (see what I did there?

Today I set up my Fluval Evo 13.5 - see pic below. I used 13-14 lbs of Carib Sea Life Rock and 10 lbs of Nature's Ocean live sand. I may have too much rock - any feedback would be appreciated.

I've read several books in preparation for starting this tank but I know I am a total newb and will be making mistakes - I look forward to learning from everyone here.
Like a lot of people here I also started out with fresh water aquariums and still have a 90gal Amazon biotope. Some differences with keeping saltwater of course, but fish are fish in many regards. That said, only advice (in addition to upgrading stock pump to a Sicce 1.0 btw) is be patient and do the research. There are some great resources on this blog including: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.138750/

And don't worry, there is no cure for an addiction to saltwater reef keeping, so don't even try, lol.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back