BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
I expect a company to provide me with details that they are a tax paying company and contribute to our society. They dont give us that and probably do not pay tax. If you are ok with that then you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

All I ask is simple details about them as a company and not details about the product.

Ive asked for their company registration as it is not on any government records

Well that is easy enough to find. They are registered and searchable.
https://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/...lingGuid=8ac3a477-91d4-e011-a886-001ec94ffe7f
upload_2018-8-7_15-44-11.png

Like many small reefing companies, I believe he runs it out of a home office, hence the private address.

raultsu

View Badges
Reaction score
I expect a company to provide me with details that they are a tax paying company and contribute to our society. They dont give us that and probably do not pay tax. If you are ok with that then you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

All I ask is simple details about them as a company and not details about the product.

Ive asked for their company registration as it is not on any government records

I have asked them why their website has an address that on Google maps takes you to a random suburban house.

I have asked them many questions and they have answered none.

Please do not ask me to check out their website as it answers nothing.

No that it matters but they are a registered corporation in the state of MN.
https://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/...lingGuid=8ac3a477-91d4-e011-a886-001ec94ffe7f

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Let's please keep this civil guys. I know we are all passionate reefers but this thread is hard enough to keep on the rails. Everyone will enjoy it more if we keep it that way.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
A number of posts have been deleted. Please stop with the personal attacks and other off topic subjects.
Thank you!

I can't stress enough that skepticism and a questioning attitude is fine. Criticism is allowed. We can do that while keeping things family friendly and respectful.

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
No that it matters but they are a registered corporation in the state of MN.
Now please explain to me how a small single man operation has a team of scientists as UWC claims and how they have come up with breakthroughs products with a R&D that is out spent by Red Sea and other big players by millions?

If you understand business you understand that what they do is not possible in the current environment.

Please explain how they do it?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Now please explain to me how a small single man operation has a team of scientists as UWC claims and how they have come up with breakthroughs products with a R&D that is out spent by Red Sea and other big players by millions?

If you understand business you understand that what they do is not possible in the current environment.

How did Steve Jobs build the first computer in a garage? I'm sure many people thought that was impossible at the time.

Unless you are one of his competitors, I would suggest worrying less about the "how" he develops them. If you are concerned the products he develops are not legitimate, why don't you trial them? If you have an algae issue, pick up a bottle of Vibrant. I will offer to assist you in using the product to give you the best chance at success.

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
How did Steve Jobs build the first computer in a garage? I'm sure many people thought that was impossible at the time.

Unless you are one of his competitors, I would suggest worrying less about the "how" he develops them. If you are concerned the products he develops are not legitimate, why don't you trial them? If you have an algae issue, pick up a bottle of Vibrant. I will offer to assist you in using the product to give you the best chance at success.
Nope this is not then and has no parallels to the modern day R&D of reef keeping. If this was the 80s and maybe the 90s I may accept that analogy but we have billion dollar companies that spend millions in pharmaceutical grade R&D.

The reality is it is not possible to do what they claim and any of them billion dollar companies could analyse the product that UWC produce and replicate. They dont do this as they know the product is based on anecdotal evidence and is snake oil.

It makes no sense and I cant understand people's rationale when believing in this product.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Nope this is not then and has no parallels to the modern day R&D of reef keeping. If this was the 80s and maybe the 90s I may accept that analogy but we have billion dollar companies that spend millions in pharmaceutical grade R&D.

The reality is it is not possible to do what they claim and any of them billion dollar companies could analyse the product that UWC produce and replicate. They dont do this as they know the product is based on anecdotal evidence and is snake oil.

It makes no sense and I cant understand people's rationale when believing in this product.
What has changed? If anything, it is easier now with so much more information being available via the internet. Steve Jobs was competing against IBM. That didn't make it impossible.

I think you overestimate the research departments of these other companies. We do not have companies in this hobby spending millions in R&D. Not even close. The hobby isn't large enough to support that kind of money.

I would suggest that anecdotal evidence is much stronger than your belief that it must be snake oil based only on your not believing it is possible to have been developed. Especially when UWC is less than 15 miles away from a well respected microbiology research university with a marine biology department connected to it. Do I know that he has friend/help from there? No. But I wouldn't be shocked in the least. Especially since his first big hit product was Vibrant and U of Minnesota leads the way in researching control of invasive algaes.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Whats your problem?

FYI...Red Sea, or any other "large" corporate reef supplement company never came up with a solution for red bugs until some average hobby reefers figured out interceptor worked like a charm. Your argument is so invalid it hurts. How many of these large companies don't even want to deal with a solution because they don't want to take on liability for potential tank crashes.

Last edited:

BiG-D

View Badges
Reaction score

Dude you are definitely a competitor join date jul 13 stop trolling. Hope this works we need a cure for aefw in the hobby.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It’s all good guy :) He’s actually never questioned us on what he claims he has. If he has, I would love to see where it took place and how we ignored him. All I will say is, the product will speak for itself and that’s all that really matters :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Asking about if the business is legal asking for info on product etc etc dead giveaway.
I think it is legitimate to ask about product info. I like to be as informed about what I put in my tank as possible. At some point we have to decide if we are willing to try a product without knowing what it is. It's all about risk/reward because we cannot expect companies to give away trade secrets. For many reefers this is a tough balancing act.

BiG-D

View Badges
Reaction score
I think it is legitimate to ask about product info. I like to be as informed about what I put in my tank as possible. At some point we have to decide if we are willing to try a product without knowing what it is. It's all about risk/reward because we cannot expect companies to give away trade secrets. For many reefers this is a tough balancing act.
True just seems the dude is going out of his way to bash something that isn't even out yet.

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
You guys have no response than to call me a competitor? Again anecdotal evidence at it finest. Im im not a competitor, I am an experienced aquarist and the reality is the majority of you blindly defending UWC need to listen to those with experience.

BiG-D

View Badges
Reaction score
You guys have no response than to call me a competitor? Again anecdotal evidence at it finest. Im im not a competitor, I am an experienced aquarist and the reality is the majority of you blindly defending UWC need to listen to those with experience.
i have been in the hobby for a min as-well i have seen and tried the new products coming to the market for different things in the hobby some work some don't why bash before its even out??? let the vendors that got samples do the trials and go from there.

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Haters gonna hate. I'm not sure who would care on a hobbyist level about tax numbers or you are a competitor like they are saying since you just registered on r2r. Why not just sit back and wait for their final product to be released? If it works, great! If not, at least they are trying to improve the hobby.

Move along.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back