Brightest red acro?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a really bright red ACRO. Preferably millepora. Something that will really stand out under daylight and actinic at somewhere between 400-500 PAR.

I already have setosa, bubblegum/forest fire digi, fox flame, solar flare(new frag and is still pretty green) and PC rainbow.

What else is out there?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a really bright red ACRO. Preferably millepora. Something that will really stand out under daylight and actinic at somewhere between 400-500 PAR.

I already have setosa, bubblegum/forest fire digi, fox flame, solar flare(new frag and is still pretty green) and PC rainbow.

What else is out there?
Bahama Mama milli?
Cherry Bomb tenuis is also nice and red.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down CB Maleficent

1627425634876.jpeg

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all nice pieces! I have a red planet also. Although, it's not really red except for the polyps and tips. Definitely an awesome piece.

I would really prefer a milli though. Wish I had a vendor near me that kept nice acropora so I could see them in person. Trying to get accurate pics from the internet is certainly a challenge

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tgc mercury rising and this milli from tcsb are both nice red millepora.

Here’s the tcsb milli pic of his colony and a frag I have of it.
1E8ECB89-6807-4578-8A27-CD7FF8F25C4A.jpeg

4768082D-EDFC-4F8E-BCF9-A335CAA78076.jpeg

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How is red planet in regards to forgiveness? Or is fickle of any parameter problems?

I consider it very hardy if given the correct light paremeters. I've seen a lot of overly green or pale white skin Red Planets under bad spectral distribution.

Those are all nice pieces! I have a red planet also. Although, it's not really red except for the polyps and tips. Definitely an awesome piece.

I would really prefer a milli though. Wish I had a vendor near me that kept nice acropora so I could see them in person. Trying to get accurate pics from the internet is certainly a challenge

Yes, the polyps are an intense red when it's thriving. If they aren't bushy and covering the whole body of the coral it's not happy. You can see bright pink coralites and white growth tips at the branch tips.

A thriving Red Planet should only have green deep inside the base that doesn't get as much light.
---------------------------

If you want a nice red milli I would consider a TGC Red Wing or RR Raven.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote goes to CB Maleficent as well. It can handle some serious part and is a truly red piece. Mine looked great under g5 blues but I just swapped to 14k metal halides and it’s just as beautiful, just a more natural look.
Red planet is awesome but would be second to CB M for me.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back