Bristle worm advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bethany97
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bethany97

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just placed some red grape tree macro algae into my tank when I noticed a "branch" that looked funny. After a moment I realized it was a bristle worm. I quickly basted it out and put it in a bowl because I've heard bad things about them. But I've also heard that bristle worms can be fantastic additions to your tank. This specific bristle worm is less than 3inches long and is incredibly slender. I don't know if I should flush the critter or put him back in the tank.

Anybody out there have experience with bristle worms and have some advice for what I should do?
 
I would just put him back.
 
Keep them away from the seahorse food though (I'm looking at your avatar). You don't want them to snick one up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new