Broken hanna testers?

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a hanna nitrate checker and phosphate ulr checker. I wanted this because I'm currently fighting amphidinium dinos.

My tank is roughly 4 months old, no Coral, 3 total fish with a bit of clean up crew. Nothing but rock and sand. No scrubbers or gfos to remove anything, no fuge. Even have skimmer turned off most of the day to get nutrients up. Theoretically it should be next to impossible to remove these nutrients.

I bought nëonitro and nëophos as well and dosed my tank to roughly 4.0 nitrate. Waited a day and tested and it said I had 0.00 ppm. I checked with api and it said I had between 5 and 10. Before dosing, api said 0.

Looked into how to do it on YouTube, it never changed the color of my water for it to read. Figuring the Hanna tester was broken, I returned it. Well I just bought a phosphate one as well. The phosphate ulr. I dosed my tank to 0.03 PPM according to the bottle of nëophos's directions and when testing with my phosphate hanna tester, it still displayed 0.00 and didn't change the color of my water. so now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? No way both wouldn't work right? Bought off of amazon. And both packets of powder expire in 2025

I know they have a margin of error but for them to both read 0.00 less than 12 hours of dosing kinda seems wrong.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Try a reference solution

1660587116148.png

1660587201125.png

Back