Brook or velvet?

Nnavarro1982

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A LFS I advise has gotten brook from ORA clownfish. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Then he had his captive bred clowns in with wild caught fish. Or where he purchased them from a distributer that did. Or someone's system was already contaminated and he didn't know and never it never got cleaned. Brook is actually only found and carried into our "clean". Systems from wild caught fish. Now a wild caught fish can transmit it to a captive bred fish and now the whole "clean" system is contaminated. Luckily my lfs only carries captive bred fish in a closed "clean" system and all his wild caught fish are in another closed system. And yes I have seen his filtration system. Because I thought he was talking out his butt at first.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or where he purchased them from a distributer that did.

The wholesaler he bought from was ORA themselves. It would have been completely understandable if it were a third party wholesaler. And the clownfish were showing symptoms of brook in the bag before they were put into QT. This is how we first discovered how well acriflavine works on brook and now velvet. My best guess is ORA was trying to breed some new wild caught stock and inadvertently cross contaminated.

Luckily my lfs only carries captive bred fish in a closed "clean" system and all his wild caught fish are in another closed system.

Are the systems spaced at least 10 feet away from one another?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back