Brown algae on sand

MonsterReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
235
Location
Columbia Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do to get rid of the brown algae that keeps accumulating on my sand I'll clean it off today and it'll be back tomorrow what is the best sand shifter I can get
 
I use ro/di but think membrane needs changed all other filter are new 4 stage
 
Treating for cyano tommrow too been dosing peroxide but no luck bought a canyo treatment today it says to only use when the lights are on turn skimmer carbon and gfo off my question is do I need to put a air stone in the maintain to keep the oxygen levels up while skimmer is off for 24 hours
 
A picture will be needed for this situation.
There are a few things it can be. If you picked up chemiclean you can try it but be careful as your o2 levels will drop.

Picture ;)

Thanks guys!
 
Last edited:
I think the chemiclean did the trick time will tell dosed h2o2 for two weeks no results
 
I think the chemiclean did the trick time will tell dosed h2o2 for two weeks no results
This is where it gets interesting.
H2O2 has almost no effect on spirulina but chemiclean does :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new