BRS Bulk Deionization Resin (Color Changing)

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AquaticLife RODI Buddie - rather than purchase their Deionization cartridge, I thought I'd pack my own - not only to save money, but to save on plastic as well.

LFS sells BRS Color Change DI resin - I"m told that this resin works extremely well and is highly regarded - I'm assuming I can get by with the small 1.25lbs bag, and will have half a bag left over. I know that it reacts to air, so wondering what the best way to store the extra resin?

Thanks

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have the AquaticLife RODI Buddie - rather than purchase their Deionization cartridge, I thought I'd pack my own - not only to save money, but to save on plastic as well.

LFS sells BRS Color Change DI resin - I"m told that this resin works extremely well and is highly regarded - I'm assuming I can get by with the small 1.25lbs bag, and will have half a bag left over. I know that it reacts to air, so wondering what the best way to store the extra resin?

Thanks
Vacuum bags. You can buy the ones with a hand pump on Amazon for cheap. Something like this.

eSUN 3D Printing Filament Vacuum Storage Kit, Spool Storage Sealing Bags Dust Proof Humidity Resistant for Keeping Filament Dry, 10 Vaccum Bags/Kit, 33 x 38cm

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back