BRS Investigates Live Sand Ocean Direct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Alexpora Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

I see you're going to do a test on Ocean Direct with dry aragonic Marco rock. That rock is a nutrient bank causing ugly phases!

How about also doing one with Real Reef Rock bare bottom, one with CaribSea Life Rock bare bottom and another with live rock bear bottom from https://www.kpaquatics.com/product-category/aquacultured-live-rock/ Another bare bottom, no rock, but with some hardy starter corals added.

To see how they compare on startup success!

Your control should be one bare bottom, no sand, no rock, just standard mixed saltwater and steril pvc pipe.

There's also Nature's Ocean Live Sand with Instant Cycle.

Regards,
AlexporaCorals

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be surprised if you see us start up an investigates like this in the not so distant future. During the last livestream, we talked a lot about Ryan's recent experience with adding sand to his 360 tank, so this topic would fit right in with recent conversations. Just know that it's on the ideas list :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back