BRS Soda Ash - Bacteria or precipitant

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been using my BRS dosers for almost 2 years now and my Calcium is almost out. While I had them both removed from the stand, I noticed that the Soda Ash I am using for the Alkalinity has a lot of floaters in it.

I'm not sure if its some sort of bacterial growth, or precipitant?

I have about 1/3 of the jug left. Should I just dump it all and make a fresh batch of both, or is that normal? (Its 23 months old now)
 
Decided it wasn't worth it considering I still have a ton of the bulk BRS stuff left, so I made a fresh jug. I think 2 years is probably good enough!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new