BRStv investigates idea... auto controllers and doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Colin_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BRS

Yet another idea for an investigate series.. As you know automation is getting more and more with lots of options out there. I think it would be a really interesting series if you could investigate the quality and accuracy of lots of them ;)
compare them to a ICP test and see how close they come to it. What caught my mind is this.

It claims to:
  • he machine has an accuracy of ± 10ppm in the calcium, potassium and magnesium values with a repeatability of ± 2%, for the 4% magnesium sensor. For the sodium sensor the precision is ± 100ppm with a repeatability of ± 1% and for the nitrate the precision is ± 2ppm.
  • Does not require reagents.
  • It only requires 30ml of aquarium water to analyze all the parameters at once, but then it returns to the aquarium.
  • No residues of any kind are produced, as no reagents are used, both the calibration solution and the water used in the analysis are returned to the aquarium.

I havn't researched to much into it yet.. but thought straight away of you guys!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll usually do a separate internal review of a product before we decide to carry it. Generally speaking, we don't do videos on products we don't carry. So while I'll never say never, this video may be a ways off into the future.

I will say that if all of the claims are true, that would be an exciting product to test :)

Back