Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these three all started as one. one is sprinkled white and always bubbled, the other has very little white and is usually stretched out, and the one on the sand just moved there last night, but he's usually somewhere right in the middle. The weird thing is that the one in the back with the longer tentacles has his body stretched about 7 inches behind the rock but he prefers to hang out way up high like that. I'm surprised he hasn't just moved up there.
20200620_171858.jpg

Mkeller088

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I raise you .02 cents. I bought a rose with no bubbles yesterday. Very nice color, and long red tentacles. I got it home and did an RX dip for 15 mins. I set him on the bottom, looking pretty stringy and stressed. 15 minutes later bubbles at the base of every strand.
image.jpg

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes mine has bubbles sometimes they don't. They never did before I got a doser and started dosing alkalinity so I tend to think an unstable alkalinity is a factor. In fact if I see they aren't getting bubbles for a while, I test the alk and it is off.

That said, I found one the other day lost in a forest of kenya trees where it couldn't get enough light and lost its bright green color. I moved it to the front and it is doing better but hasn't gotten any bubbles. It's color is improving though. Light definitely is a factor.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I raise you .02 cents. I bought a rose with no bubbles yesterday. Very nice color, and long red tentacles. I got it home and did an RX dip for 15 mins. I set him on the bottom, looking pretty stringy and stressed. 15 minutes later bubbles at the base of every strand.
image.jpg
How is this guy doing? Didn’t think you were supposed to RX dip anemones. Was just curious how this turned out.

Nano Chris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this guy doing? Didn’t think you were supposed to RX dip anemones. Was just curious how this turned out.
I thought you weren’t supposed to dip certain things I got my rbta a few days ago & didn’t dip it. Although I have the rx dip… too bad there isn’t a list of what to dip & with what stuff to use. Would be nice if someone came up with a book or something

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you weren’t supposed to dip certain things I got my rbta a few days ago & didn’t dip it. Although I have the rx dip… too bad there isn’t a list of what to dip & with what stuff to use. Would be nice if someone came up with a book or something
I don't think it's bad to dip nems, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a good reason to do so. There's no frag plug for hitchhikers to hang out on

Mbrollins2201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I had a bubble tip in my tank, it had very long skinny tentacles until I changed my light spectrum. The BTA didn't move at all and my flow stayed the same but it bubbled up. So for me at least, light spectrum was what made the difference.
What spectrum to you go from and to?

Mbrollins2201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I had a bubble tip in my tank, it had very long skinny tentacles until I changed my light spectrum. The BTA didn't move at all and my flow stayed the same but it bubbled up. So for me at least, light spectrum was what made the difference.
What spectrum did you go from/to?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back