Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have been trying to figure this out forever and have heard mixed things over and over so finally I decided to ask the big question here… How do you get the bubble tips to inflate/ stay inflated on Bubble tip anemones? I have seen many many tanks on here and in person, some with bubbles and some without and therefore am curious what the main factors are in maintaing the inflated tips. Thank you very much for your time and interest in this subject

OP
OP
Jeremy K.A.

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I've heard same things but wasn't sure if anyone had a more pinpointed idea yet or not. I was wondering if it depends on which strain it is as well

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a WYSIWYG that was very bubbled. When it arrived it was bubbled, but now it’s not. It sits right next to (touching) another BTA that is bubbled up. Same light / flow but different tentacles. Light and flow will be the reasons for how they look. I believe if it’s not bubbled and it isn’t moving, it likes the flow fine, but probably too strong of flow to bubble up.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a bubble tip grow and split 14 times and some decide to bubble up and others not. My experiecnce its been stable paramiters over long periods of time with little interaction with the tank(keeping hands out or basically avoiding reminding the animals that they’re in captivity.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody knows the answer to that question I’m afraid ..it is what it is .. so long as he’s healthy and happy that’s all that mattters ..! I have two and have tried everything.. to no avail..

Michael Llabona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So In my experience when I don't spot feed as often they bubble up (maximize surface area for sunlight absorbsion). When I feed they get more string like to reach for more food in water column as their main food source. This is just my observation. Not any science behind it.

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... here is my .02 cents.. Before I added my 50+ clown fish.. all 14/20 of my BTA were bubbled up. Super clean water in a empty fishless tank over a two month span, bta's touching other bta's, LED lights with medium flow but not hurricans force flow.. nothing in the tank but bta's and a clean up crew. Now once I added all 50+ clown fish and started feeding them everyday, only half of the 14 stayed bubbled.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back