gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bubble tip anemone that split today. My parameters are all good, salinity has been consistent and stable, tank is mature and lots of coralline algae growing, no issues in the tank ever since I got it (a little over a month ago) it’s been very colorful, full of air, very big and pretty and looking healthy. But after the split today, one half looks injured? Obviously splitting is an injury, but this is my first nem and I’m not 100% sure what I need to look out for or what I don’t. Should I quarantine or will it heal alright? ( please excuse the algae in the photos, this is a hard area to get with the magnet :p )

105DDAA4-AD14-48BB-96D6-3EBCE376F118.jpeg 58AE75ED-0ACE-41D5-9F43-4FA422B70BBC.jpeg

OP
OP
gatorcream

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it alone. It will be fine.
Should have clarified that the pic with the clowns is the other half of the anemone that im not concerned about. Im leaving for vacation for 4 days tomorrow, would it be a good idea to put this entire rock in QT just in case? Or am I just being paranoid? People on Facebook told me it looks like it’s dying but you never know with those people

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks lol, just a bit worried about a potential tank nuke while I’m off on vacation
Nems need stability and often, temporary quarantine tanks are not that stable, needing frequent attention.

But if it's going to ruin your trip having to worry about it, then move it to the other tank.
I really doubt there will be a problem leaving it in the main tank... More likely it will be stressed in the smaller tank.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have clarified that the pic with the clowns is the other half of the anemone that im not concerned about. Im leaving for vacation for 4 days tomorrow, would it be a good idea to put this entire rock in QT just in case? Or am I just being paranoid? People on Facebook told me it looks like it’s dying but you never know with those people
If it was dying it would be disolving

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back