Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display - 180 gallons
FTS Dec 17.jpg

Frag tank 1 - 50 gallon lowboy
Left frag tank Dec 17.jpg

Frag tank 2 - 50 gallon lowboy
Right frag tank Dec 17.jpg

New tank. I didn't really want to add this tank but a buddy of mine was selling all his tanks and was selling this one for $200 so I couldn't pass it up.

8' tub tank
Tub 17.jpg

Beautiful, @bubbaque

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I said be careful is the first time I hooked my scrubber up it went up fast and I got burnt tips. I'm not sure you will experience that but that's what I'd watch for.

I went and took some FTS pics of all my tanks just for you, lol. I also posted a top down of the display on post #2205

Display - 180 gallons
FTS Dec 17.jpg

New tank. I didn't really want to add this tank but a buddy of mine was selling all his tanks and was selling this one for $200 so I couldn't pass it up.

8' tub tank
Tub 17.jpg
Man, Christmas is still 8 days away and we already got a FTS of all your tanks? I wonder what we are going to get on Christmas day!

Jealous Bubba! Those tanks look amazing! All of them!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for my little babies grow big and strong like yours!!! :D :D :D

AND new tank pics!!!! Even better :D :D tanks are looking so good man!!
Yours look great already!

Man, Christmas is still 8 days away and we already got a FTS of all your tanks? I wonder what we are going to get on Christmas day!

Jealous Bubba! Those tanks look amazing! All of them!
Thanks Ty! Now I just need them to grow to the size of yours.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I said be careful is the first time I hooked my scrubber up it went up fast and I got burnt tips. I'm not sure you will experience that but that's what I'd watch for.

I went and took some FTS pics of all my tanks just for you, lol. I also posted a top down of the display on post #2205

Display - 180 gallons
FTS Dec 17.jpg

8' tub tank
Tub 17.jpg
The display is obviously nice but for some reason I like the first lowboy the best! So I can't remember but I'm curious other than rock in the display do you have anything else (more rock, biomedia, etc)?

I also took your recommendation and bought some home depot tiles :D

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The display is obviously nice but for some reason I like the first lowboy the best! So I can't remember but I'm curious other than rock in the display do you have anything else (more rock, biomedia, etc)?

I also took your recommendation and bought some home depot tiles :D
I hate how my display looks in a FTS. The pic makes everything seem so much smaller than it is. I’m also still wanting to get rid of all the LPS in the middle.

I had a little more rock (20 lbs) in my sump but I moved it to the tub. Besides the display rock and that extra rock I use nothing else.

I love the Home Depot tiles. I put more of them in my first frag tank yesterday.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks, I will look out for any burnt tips, saliferts PH kit is showing it at 8.4 last night, crazy! I haven't even started back to dosing kalk yet. I am curious as to what it will reach during lights on today. Were your nutrients really low when you got the burnt tips from the ph rise?
Beautiful 180! Lots of room for stuff to grow, I hope we see it packed with new growth next year :) I see a lot of people putting their frags on tiles now too, it really is easier than putting them on rocks. Keep up the good work. I bought a 10' fiberglass tub to setup but simplified everything and got rid of a lot of my stuff, it was hard to do but I needed to make things easier. What powerheads are you using in the 8' tub?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will look out for any burnt tips, saliferts PH kit is showing it at 8.4 last night, crazy! I haven't even started back to dosing kalk yet. I am curious as to what it will reach during lights on today. Were your nutrients really low when you got the burnt tips from the ph rise?
Beautiful 180! Lots of room for stuff to grow, I hope we see it packed with new growth next year :) I see a lot of people putting their frags on tiles now too, it really is easier than putting them on rocks. Keep up the good work. I bought a 10' fiberglass tub to setup but simplified everything and got rid of a lot of my stuff, it was hard to do but I needed to make things easier. What powerheads are you using in the 8' tub?
I don’t remember what my nutrients were at the time but I don’t fall into the group of burnt tips being caused by low nutrients. People still get burnt tips with nutrients sky high.

I use the maxspect gyre 250’s in all tanks, with one on each end of the tank. I wish I went with the 280’s for the new tank though.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember what my nutrients were at the time but I don’t fall into the group of burnt tips being caused by low nutrients. People still get burnt tips with nutrients sky high.

I use the maxspect gyre 250’s in all tanks, with one on each end of the tank. I wish I went with the 280’s for the new tank though.
Low iodine was causing me to have burnt tips even with enough nutrients and lower alk 7.7-8.0

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what are your anemones attached to? Have they ever jumped ship...since there isn't a lot of room for them to walk?
They are attached to a little rock. I will have them occasionally split and the new ones will walk off to find a new spot. Once they do I take them out and trade them in for store credit.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to remove my bubble tip anemones and get a Haddoni carpet anemone. I would put it in the corner where my current anemones are. My biggest concern is that it will eat my fish. Anyone had experience with this type before?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome display and frag tanks!

@bubbaque could you tell me what tiles you’re using in the frag system and where to get them?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome display and frag tanks!

@bubbaque could you tell me what tiles you’re using in the frag system and where to get them?

Yes I used those for a long time until things started to get crowded. I switched to their 3x6" tiles and break them in half now.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Jeffrey...n-Travertine-Wall-Tile-8-Pack-99101/202309901

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back