Bubba's SPS Journey

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next I need to do some cord management as this is pretty bad.
43045908-B463-4D22-96D8-78CC093DF56A.jpeg

Gross !

Wouldn't it be great if everything was completely wireless

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!
Thanks!

If ur anything like me fix it now before u realize six months later the rats nest turned into a birds nest of chords

Looking good bubba
Thanks!

It will be fixed today. I just got the lights on today and I was waiting for the cords from those before I fixed it.

Looking good.

On a side note, I noticed that you don't put a signature on your pics? If I took pics as incredible as yours I would make sure people knew they were mine.
My wife has been on me to add one to my pics and I will probably start adding one to my next round of pics.

Gross !

Wouldn't it be great if everything was completely wireless
That would be absolutely amazing!

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not going to cycle the rock before adding coral. As soon as I get around to hanging my lights I will add a frag. If the frag dies I’ll retry 3 - 4 weeks later. I want to see at what point I can grow corals in a new tank. Most issues I believe come from new reefers who try and follow old ways of running gfo and carbon from day one. I’m not going to use any of that. I’ve learned to just keep it simple and feed the fish and not try and experiment or panic when hair algae shows up. I still see people giving advice to new reefers to run gfo when algae pops up. To me that’s horrible advice and just a part of the tank maturing. When algae grows I’ll add turbo snails and it should be gone in a week or two. By avoiding a lot of the mistakes new reefers make I believe success with come.
I regret running GFO and Carbon from Day One on this new 180g I have. It hasnt been my only issue, but I shouldve just manually removed the hair algae aggressively vs using GFO.

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bubba must have some serious things cooking up with this silence. You guys think he will draw out the build AV99-esque?

Now this is just pure gold ... “AV99-esque!!”

Raul’s tank is already up and running with swimmers!!

Last edited:

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great so far Bubba! I hear you on the vermetids. They got so bad in my last tank I'm pretty sure they kept snails from navigating a lot of the rock.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing about vermetids for me....

I had a ATS light fall into my sump and blow up. Killed a couple corals, and ALL the vermetid's in my tank! I was so freaking glad, I was like a happy little fat kid on halloween removing all the dead little spikes of my rocks. It made the coral loss so much less of an issue because I was so glad the vermetids were gone. And they are still gone to this day 2 years later.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing about vermetids for me....

I had a ATS light fall into my sump and blow up. Killed a couple corals, and ALL the vermetid's in my tank! I was so freaking glad, I was like a happy little fat kid on halloween removing all the dead little spikes of my rocks. It made the coral loss so much less of an issue because I was so glad the vermetids were gone. And they are still gone to this day 2 years later.
Sounds like you threaded the needle on electricity lol.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of my vertimids with a bad cyno outbreak also got all my coraline algea coral growth slowed a little but hey I have no more vertimids haha
I am trying hard to make sure I never see another vermetid in my new setup.

Nah. That’s why the doors close.
Haha! I would be too worried about a fire. I got the wires all taken care of yesterday.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait for you to post coral pics again haha. So all 3 of your tanks are coming down for this one huh? I almost wonder if you have enough room. I guess with a BB you can just tile the bottom with your SPS tiles anyways. I think it would look kinda cool honestly LOL

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has to do the pic with their kid in the tank. lol

(lol)
1995 / Daughter inside our Oceanic Systems / 225 custom build.
Heather & Sam.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

Heather.jpg

Picture from Oceanic Systems during production

Build.jpg

Had to add these....

Triple layered bottom
Over Head.jpg
0815171816.jpg
0815171815b.jpg

Bubba,
Your new tank looks great!!

:)

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back