OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more serious note, what kind of settings are you using on your vortech pumps? The flow in that video is pretty impressive. I have 4 MP40s on my 750XXL split 2 on each end and I've been trying to play with placement and settings.
In that tank it’s two gyres. One on each end of the tank that is set on alternating flow.

Why do you have this fear?
You will see people post saying their chaeto has stopped growing for whatever reason. When you are relying on chaeto for nutrient export where are those nutrients going to go when chaeto isn’t growing?

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will see people post saying their chaeto has stopped growing for whatever reason. When you are relying on chaeto for nutrient export where are those nutrients going to go when chaeto isn’t growing?
Thanks for replying.

I'm a true believer that fuges regulate its population depending on resources. So if they start dying soon other animals will consume that new resources from their death, and the fuge will come back to normality as soon as increased nutrients are back.

But it's just my thoughts

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replying.

I'm a true believer that fuges regulate its population depending on resources. So if they start dying soon other animals will consume that new resources from their death, and the fuge will come back to normality as soon as increased nutrients are back.

But it's just my thoughts

I congratulate you on a great post, exactly, small changes slowly, let yourself get a feel for how your little puddle of salt is! :)

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long in your experience does it take dosing H2O2 to notice a difference? I’ve tried for the last 5 days and oddly enough it seems to have made the Dino’s worse?

Thanks

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long in your experience does it take dosing H2O2 to notice a difference? I’ve tried for the last 5 days and oddly enough it seems to have made the Dino’s worse?

Thanks
Thats odd it made it worse. You usually won’t notice anything changing but then around days 5 - 7 they are mostly gone overnight.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats odd it made it worse. You usually won’t notice anything changing but then around days 5 - 7 they are mostly gone overnight.

For me personally I battled Dinos couple years back. H2O2 did nothing for me. What did do it was running an oversized UV in the display tank, nightly siphoning into a filter sock and removing half my sand bed.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one doesn't like to grow for me but color has been good lately.

BC Bubble bath unicorn
BBU.jpg

He's gonna shear off those 1/16" nubs and throw out all that encrusting bit. You guys in florida are gonna want to be hanging outside bubbas house and calling dibs on his trashcan.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's gonna shear off those 1/16" nubs and throw out all that encrusting bit. You guys in florida are gonna want to be hanging outside bubbas house and calling dibs on his trashcan.
Its already begun. I’ve been throwing them all into my refugium (reason for purple light).

16855472-519C-4F7B-B217-565ADD6DE1A7.jpeg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the idea behind wasting all that encrusting?
I want the new tank to be free of vermetid snails. They grow on the rock and then corals encrust over them so I don’t want to bring the encrustment to the new tank.

Most people seem to have something in their tank that if they could redo it they would do it differently. I wish I prevented them in the old display so this is my chance to not have any.

I think he just wants to make other people coral-sad
I’d ship them to you but it’s a hassle. I tried to give all the encrusted tiles to a buddy but he didn’t want any.

If anyone reading this is local to Orlando is welcome to come get them.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want the new tank to be free of vermetid snails. They grow on the rock and then corals encrust over them so I don’t want to bring the encrustment to the new tank.

Most people seem to have something in their tank that if they could redo it they would do it differently. I wish I prevented them in the old display so this is my chance to not have any.

I’d ship them to you but it’s a hassle. I tried to give all the encrusted tiles to a buddy but he didn’t want any.

If anyone reading this is local to Orlando is welcome to come get them.
Gotcha
I hate vermatid snails as well. They’re f’ing reproducing like crazy in my tank, but thinking about all those tiles getting thrown away made me a little nauseous. That kind of growth takes at least 6 months for me.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha
I hate vermatid snails as well. They’re f’ing reproducing like crazy in my tank, but thinking about all those tiles getting thrown away made me a little nauseous. That kind of growth takes at least 6 months for me.
I don’t like doing it either but there is no way I’m keeping it.

Very beautiful corals and a great thread
Thanks!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of corals pics lately but I have been very busy.

The new tank is progressing very well so far. I’ve transferred a bunch of corals and everything seems to be handling the new tank well with some encrusting on my first frags I added.

The tank is 20 days old and I’ve noticed some coralline starting to grow in a lot of places. Must of came in on my snails.
93086C34-F767-4382-B7F8-3B0ED5E2460C.jpeg
EEADAF1C-D4D5-46D2-AF00-31855176156E.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back