bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$100 for all your tiles shipped? lol

how are you liking the starboard instead of sand so far?
Really liking it so far. I’m glad I went with white as a lot of the times I forget it’s not sand, lol. If I went with a plain glass bottom I might feel differently about bare bottom.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forget the name of this one but I got it at some frag swap.

Maybe armageddon.jpg

jvb89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only issue I've had with having my sps in my new tank(after a month) has been nutrients being too low. I saw some decent encrusting and after the second month it halted. Alk was rock solid. I checked nutrients and zeros across the board. I've since started dosing nitrate and phosphate. I can already see the corals improving.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see how you ended up doing your lights if you get a chance. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to light my 48 x 36 x 20. I want to do Radions and T5's, but I don't want to hang a fixture and the options for tank mounting are not getting the approval of my wife. May have to do something custom in the form of a canopy

Also, as for the vermetids, I used to have them pretty bad in my display, but I think my urchins must have eaten them because I don't see them any more. Urchins are pretty amazing rock cleaners btw.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far you liking the radions bubba?

Also, get us a FTS pic as it's filling out! It'll be cool to see the stages before it's complete
I have loved the radions since first adding them. I am not sure how they compare to other as it’s the only ones I’ve used.

Current FTS of the new tank.
001A1C6E-57B2-4D38-80DB-882B0ED0A004.jpeg

Would love to see how you ended up doing your lights if you get a chance. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to light my 48 x 36 x 20. I want to do Radions and T5's, but I don't want to hang a fixture and the options for tank mounting are not getting the approval of my wife. May have to do something custom in the form of a canopy

Also, as for the vermetids, I used to have them pretty bad in my display, but I think my urchins must have eaten them because I don't see them any more. Urchins are pretty amazing rock cleaners btw.
I went with a simple hanging method. I used L shaped aluminum and mounted it on the top of the canopy and just set the lights in the track. I’m sure you could add an extra wood lip on the inside of the canopy to adjust the lights to whatever height you want.

I have urchins but they don’t eat any of them.

71102CBE-BCD5-4495-A4CB-9C4E7E2AFB91.jpeg

5CB365CD-E749-467F-98DB-12135EA9FE53.jpeg
lol
What size drain lines & returns did you go with?
I went with three 1 1/2” drains and four 3/4” returns.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want the new tank to be free of vermetid snails. They grow on the rock and then corals encrust over them so I don’t want to bring the encrustment to the new tank.

Most people seem to have something in their tank that if they could redo it they would do it differently. I wish I prevented them in the old display so this is my chance to not have any.

I’d ship them to you but it’s a hassle. I tried to give all the encrusted tiles to a buddy but he didn’t want any.

If anyone reading this is local to Orlando is welcome to come get them.

What if I'm visiting Orlando in a couple weeks? What's the worst that could happen if I try to drive them home with me?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang the timing. We were originally planning to be down there about now.

While I'm there any reef places I need to visit in the area? Planning to stop by WWC and TSA. Didn't know if there were others.
LRO has stuff that looks pretty good now also. They are about 10-15 minutes east of TSA.

Looks good, and you still have room for 4-5 more xr15s when the G5 drops end of summer!
I have three more xr15's on the frag tank I am taking down I am going to use. I will not be upgrading the radions for a long time. I have been very happy with the g4's so I will keep going with them.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three more xr15's on the frag tank I am taking down I am going to use. I will not be upgrading the radions for a long time. I have been very happy with the g4's so I will keep going with them.

<...6 months later...>

Bubba: "So now that the G5's proven to kill all pests, and help you sleep better, I'll be upgrading to a dozen of the new XR45 G5 Ultras with holo-diffusers".

What a time to be reef keeping man [emoji1787]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back