Bubba's SPS Journey

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if mine was a bacterial bloom or not. The cloudiness started when I had water suck through my co2 scrubber and into the tank. It seemed to turn cloudy instantly and never let up until I used the clarifier.

I have used a uv sterilizer since about two weeks of the tank start which was before it turned cloudy.

I always use Biospira. I actually do think the stuff works as I had nitrates within a week of starting the tank.

Bubba the white water from the co2 scrubber is brutal. I’ve had that happen. Air pull was so strong it sucked the foam into the scrubber for a couple weeks without me noticing and fluidized the whole thing. Ph up over 9.5. Water looked like skim milk.

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dropped in here before but I've recently started your thread from the start. I'm about half way through it right now. WOW! Really amazing stuff and highly motivating. My wife and wallet however are now upset with you as I've just bought more frags in the past week than I have in a very long time. haha

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen anywhere near that amount of pe on my pink lemonade.

I read this and thought 'huh, ive never had issues with my lemonade pe.' Then i realized i actually bought the frag from bubba lol
Its seemed happy/healthy ever since I put it in tank. Pretty pleased with it so far :)

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this and thought 'huh, ive never had issues with my lemonade pe.' Then i realized i actually bought the frag from bubba lol
Its seemed happy/healthy ever since I put it in tank. Pretty pleased with it so far :)
F00F7FA1-CFF5-40E1-87BB-A5CD440B2594.jpeg

I’m not sure what it’s deal is, the ice fire right next to it has great pe 24/7.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what it’s deal is, the ice fire right next to it has great pe 24/7.

Here is mine. It had a slight curve to it, so i made a bridge and both ends are encrusting nicely. (def more yellow in person) If you're wonder what coral is on the plug there... that's the happiest Walt Disney you'll ever see :p

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from being on vacation for a week and was happy to see the tank was fine. The water is still nice and clear so hopefully I can start getting my corals colored up nicely and start taking pics again. My calcium reactor is dialed in perfectly as my alk was 9.3 when I left for vacation and a week later came home and it was still 9.3.

I've dropped in here before but I've recently started your thread from the start. I'm about half way through it right now. WOW! Really amazing stuff and highly motivating. My wife and wallet however are now upset with you as I've just bought more frags in the past week than I have in a very long time. haha
Thanks!

It’s always exciting getting new frags and it also helps keep the hobby interesting.

Everything is looking good bubba ! Glad you got everything moved over and shut down a few tanks. It's nice having a huge working display
Thanks Rakie!

I just got back from a weeks vacation and now I plan to shut down the old display this week. Not much left in it but a few fish and a couple rocks at this point.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from being on vacation for a week and was happy to see the tank was fine. The water is still nice and clear so hopefully I can start getting my corals colored up nicely and start taking pics again. My calcium reactor is dialed in perfectly as my alk was 9.3 when I left for vacation and a week later came home and it was still 9.3.

Thanks!

It’s always exciting getting new frags and it also helps keep the hobby interesting.

Thanks Rakie!

I just got back from a weeks vacation and now I plan to shut down the old display this week. Not much left in it but a few fish and a couple rocks at this point.
Hope you had a super trip, brother!

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to hear all is good, leaving on vacation is always nerve wracking. The last trip I took was almost 20 days and the tank didn’t fare too well. I think my tank sitter overfed and caused a mini crash. Lost quite a few SPS

Len

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some opinions.

I went bare bottom on this tank with a white pvc board bottom as I figured I could scrape it and keep it white to kinda look like sand. Well today I tried to scrape the coralline and it’s near impossible to come off and not easy like glass. I don’t really want to have a pink bottom but I also hate always having particles from sand floating around the tank.

Do I add sand to cover the pink or think I should just stick with having it pink to avoid the particles and a nutrient sink?

Tank was setup two months ago and this is the bottom today.
F3C0BD1D-22BA-4FEC-A839-0BB066AD926A.jpeg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some opinions.

I went bare bottom on this tank with a white pvc board bottom as I figured I could scrape it and keep it white to kinda look like sand. Well today I tried to scrape the coralline and it’s near impossible to come off and not easy like glass. I don’t really want to have a pink bottom but I also hate always having particles from sand floating around the tank.

Do I add sand to cover the pink or think I should just stick with having it pink to avoid the particles and a nutrient sink?

Tank was setup two months ago and this is the bottom today.
F3C0BD1D-22BA-4FEC-A839-0BB066AD926A.jpeg
Wow you're getting that coralline quickly Bubba!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back