OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your getting pretty good at this acro pic thing, lol. Your latest have been very good. Especially like the clarity/focus. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for blowing up my head!

I’m trying to get better the more I take pics. I look back to page one when I started and I feel I’ve come far. I did get a couple new lens recently and I think they help with clarity.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for blowing up my head!

I’m trying to get better the more I take pics. I look back to page one when I started and I feel I’ve come far. I did get a couple new lens recently and I think they help with clarity.
I started taking pics in the 7th grade. Developed them myself in a friends darkroom, yeah, I'm old, lol. When the digital revolution occured all my gear was suddenly obsolete. Having never gotten caught up I really appreciate a good reef pic. They are hard to take. There are a few people on R2R that really do a nice job.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque I picked up a Nikon D3500 not too long ago to take some pics. Do you use a gel filter to take pics when only your blues are on? If so, what kind do you use?
No I don’t use any filters. I use Canon which can make a custom white balance that is accurate without any filters.

With a Nikon you will need a filter, but get a brown, not orange filter for accurate pics.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop stroking his ego! It's only a matter of time before @FarmerTy realizes that bubba is using his pics!!!

and his sulfur reactor!
dangit... this is the last time Bubba! Quit using my sweet pics of my sweet coral.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No I don’t use any filters. I use Canon which can make a custom white balance that is accurate without any filters.

With a Nikon you will need a filter, but get a brown, not orange filter for accurate pics.

What kind of Canon do you have? Can you send me the details of the custom white balance you are referring to? Also what kind of lighting are you using?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Canon do you have? Can you send me the details of the custom white balance you are referring to? Also what kind of lighting are you using?
I use the Canon 90d.

There aren’t really details on the custom white balance other than going the menu where it says set white balance. You take a pic of the coral under whatever lighting and then going to the color grid and adjusting it to look correct.

I use the radions ab+ program for half my schedule and all blue the last half.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @bubbaque just wanted to ask what your procedure for light acclimating acros were?
I don’t really acclimate frags other then temp. I float the bag, dip, replace plug and then put the coral where I want it. If it’s extremely stressed I’ll put it off to the side.

Bubba- do you broadcast feed anything like reef roids, coral frenzy or reef chili? What is your feeding regimen overall?
No but I add reef roids into my food when I am processing it, getting it ready to freeze.

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really acclimate frags other then temp. I float the bag, dip, replace plug and then put the coral where I want it. If it’s extremely stressed I’ll put it off to the side.

No but I add reef roids into my food when I am processing it, getting it ready to freeze.

Oh okay :) even if they come from t5 lighting for ex. you would still put them in their forever spot right away?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, have you par mapped your tank? Do you have a par number you shoot for for most pieces? I finally was able to get a meter in my tank and was a bit lower than I expected to be. Looking for a good range to shoot for.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, have you par mapped your tank? Do you have a par number you shoot for for most pieces? I finally was able to get a meter in my tank and was a bit lower than I expected to be. Looking for a good range to shoot for.
I did test my par in my tank. I was surprised how high par was in some spots with it being 450 par. I like to try and stick to 250-400 par.

I do feel par acts differently under led’s and 300 par of led isn’t the same as 300 par of t5. I have some corals that would show some green under t5 under 325 par but would turn solid red under the same par under led.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back