Bubba's SPS Journey

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I did test my par in my tank. I was surprised how high par was in some spots with it being 450 par. I like to try and stick to 250-400 par.

I do feel par acts differently under led’s and 300 par of led isn’t the same as 300 par of t5. I have some corals that would show some green under t5 under 325 par but would turn solid red under the same par under led.

So you think that corals can take a higher par number under T5s vs LED? I am pretty sure I have read that multiple places.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thread turns 2 years old next week and one of my goals was to one day pass @Terence in thread views and I have finally done it. With that I am thinking about retiring my thread and possibly starting a new one that doesn't just focus on sps corals and would involve a little of everything, including fish and equipment pics. For inspiration I am using that old thread where he posted one pic every day for 365 days but included a little of everything.

What are your thoughts on this?

And to possibly my final post in this thread I will leave with one of my favorite corals. I am happy to say the body has turned to the lighter purple than the darker blue, having lower lower nitrates.

Now
WWC All-star Jan 15 by Bubba Rivas, on Flickr

Few months ago
All star sep 26-2 by Bubba Rivas, on Flickr

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thread turns 2 years old next week and one of my goals was to one day pass @Terence in thread views and I have finally done it. With that I am thinking about retiring my thread and possibly starting a new one that doesn't just focus on sps corals and would involve a little of everything, including fish and equipment pics. For inspiration I am using that old thread where he posted one pic every day for 365 days but included a little of everything.

And to possibly my final post in this thread I will leave with one of my favorite corals. I am happy to say the body has turned to the lighter purple than the darker blue, having lower lower nitrates.

Now

Few months ago
Not a bad way to end a thread. What an amazing coral.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness! I was tired of seeing @FarmerTy 's pics in his thread AND in this thread!!!

Congrats bubba, you have quite an accomplished, well respected thread and a just "ok" tank. You could learn a thing or two from guys like @Chaswood79
You rascal

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba be like...
0F1BD9B7-1C2C-4044-BAD4-28CC7B67DD90.gif

Ben Belton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your last post. My first.
Actually for last post, could you post a link to the new thread? :D

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In some of your earlier post you had acros growing out on large ceramic tiles. What tiles do you use for growing them out? and where could I possibly buy some? Thinking of trying that out with some of my zoas, favias and sps

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In some of your earlier post you had acros growing out on large ceramic tiles. What tiles do you use for growing them out? and where could I possibly buy some? Thinking of trying that out with some of my zoas, favias and sps
Travertine tiles from Home Depot. 9 pack for $4.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Now

Few months ago

HI Bubba,

I actually like both pics/versions but just curious what is the actual drop in nitrate numbers before and after.

I also like how yellow/orange the polyps are......any thoughts on getting them to show that color..... Mine are a rusty color.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Bubba,

I actually like both pics/versions but just curious what is the actual drop in nitrate numbers before and after.

I also like how yellow/orange the polyps are......any thoughts on getting them to show that color..... Mine are a rusty color.
Hey Ed,

If I remember correctly my no3 was close to 50 ppm with it darker and my nitrate now is around 4-5ppm.

Is yours the WWC All-star? There are other similar ones like the space laser that have more of the rusty color and less of the gold polyps. I have noticed also when it’s stressed it loses some of the gold.

I have had it in different levels of par and it doesn’t seem to matter.

here is a pic in my old tank close to when I first got it. It was a few inches off the bottom.

B56168A7-2930-44DF-BD5A-85792E3EC774.jpeg

Navigator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Как вы думаете, какие параметры воды идеально подходят для акропор?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back