OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep its absurd, makes the lights look so good though. They really need to come with the lights imo.
After watching that brs video they did a few weeks ago about the best lighting available and they choose the Radion WITH diffusers as the best it really makes me want to try them. I need a family discount or something from brs, haha.
ED40ED8D-1C41-4FDC-97E3-387BB79C4941.png

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After watching that brs video they did a few weeks ago about the best lighting available and they choose the Radion WITH diffusers as the best it really makes me want to try them. I need a family discount or something from brs, haha.
ED40ED8D-1C41-4FDC-97E3-387BB79C4941.png
bubba... if it aint broken... DON'T FIX IT. leave it be. Who cares about diffusers, you have plenty of coverage, brotha. Of course BRS is going to say an expensive light is even BETTER with an expensive add-on.

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank has almost always run really low nutrients. The last test was .01 po4 and 0 no3. I am joining a grow out contest and wanted to get a little help with some Reef Roids. I started feeding it last weekend and today I checked my nutrients. po4 is .18 and no3 2.5, granted I heavy handed it. Not bad numbers but not what I am use to seeing come up on the test. I think I am done with Reef Roids for now, lol.

I notice no difference in coral color and alk hasn't went up or down, so it seems the tank is just going with it.

Really enjoying reading through your thread here and LOVE the coral pics. Maybe you answered this already but would you mind answering it again? With your Po4 so hi what did you do to lower it or do you just let your tank do it’s thing?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really enjoying reading through your thread here and LOVE the coral pics. Maybe you answered this already but would you mind answering it again? With your Po4 so hi what did you do to lower it or do you just let your tank do it’s thing?
That was my previous tank and it’s been a while since that post. If I remember correctly it turned out not to be the reef roids that raised the phosphate but ended up being a fluconazole treatment. Right after that treatment my corals started to die and I assumed it was the phosphate so I believe I ran gfo. Turns out it wasn’t the phosphate that was killing them and was the actual treatment as I had to use it again about 6 months later and the same exact thing happened a second time.

To kinda answer your question if I was worried about po4 I would use gfo to get it into a range that you like. I don’t have any problems with gfo and does a good job of lowering phosphate if you feel that’s needed.

I tested po4 a couple days ago and I’m down to .05. I have not intentionally tried to get it there but water changes, chaeto and corals seem to be lowering it.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba, do you have a post page# with your current tanks equipment and all that? Btw, your OP full tank shot update is from 2018 still ;)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba, do you have a post page# with your current tanks equipment and all that? Btw, your OP full tank shot update is from 2018 still ;)
I’m not sure if I have a post of equipment but what I use is:

4 x mp40’s
1 x mp60
10 x Radion xr15 pro
4 rows of t5’s (2 behind the radions and 2 in front)
Reef octopus 5000 skimmer with auto neck cleaner
Two Jeabo return pumps
Calcium reactor

I have posted a couple full tank pics since the upgrade but it’s not much to look at yet.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with diffuser the sps just look dull.

here are a few of my sps ..

My understanding of the diffusers is that they blend and spread the light better for the corals, similar to T5. I don’t think they’re designed to visually improve the aquarium, just improve light for the corals and decrease shading. From the pics you posted, it appears they’re working. Nice corals!

Garbage_Island

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered the diffuser for my radion after watching a youtube review by a fellow R2R member... I was underwhelmed with the difference.
It is slightly less disco ball-ish which is good I guess. Really not all that impressed with it. I only have 1 XR-15 so its not like I made a huge investment... had I ordered multiple for multiple units I would have returned them.

I do not keep SPS though.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice how do u know what corals are what?
With the prices of corals you don’t forget the names, haha. Plus I think most look pretty different from each other so it makes it easy.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the prices of corals you don’t forget the names, haha. Plus I think most look pretty different from each other so it makes it easy.
Yea but we all have that one coral we don’t remember what it is
I know mine but I do keep a cheat sheet

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back