Bubba's SPS Journey

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CC Pink highlighter growing some new branches!

(have to push play)

NICE! Mine is also doing quite well. I think this is going to be one of my favorites!

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm you could depending on space fill a small Tupperware and stash it in a corner then do the travertine tile around it. Worst case you would just have to blow the sand back into the tupperware with a baster every now and again.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hide a couple of containers of sand up the back ;) That's my plans for sand sleeping wrasse I know I'll end up adding haha
Hmmm you could depending on space fill a small Tupperware and stash it in a corner then do the travertine tile around it. Worst case you would just have to blow the sand back into the tupperware with a baster every now and again.
Before I added sand a couple months ago I had that small dish in a corner but I feel it just looks odd. When the wrasses would go into it at night they would knock sand out and make a mess.

Why do you want to remove it?
My sand is not staying clean. If you watch that video I posted a few post up look at the sand and 80% of my sand is like that. I clean it once a week but just comes back.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note. I’m ready to throw all this sand out of the tank, haha.
ME TOO!!!!! I think I'll save a spot, but with the increased flow from two more Tunze 6105, the sand blows everywhere! I can't stand it. I'm siphoning a good amount of it out next WC.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe with the new flow all the sand will end up in one place. In my cube, all my sand ended up in the back 10in of the tank. It’s a few inches deep in some spots but I dont care. the front of the tank looks BB but the wrasses still have sand to lay in. Best of both worlds.

corey

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask @randyBRS or @Ryanbrs how the brs160 did after they removed all the sand. I think I remember they regretted it
I removed all my sand (approx 2.5 inch) during my tank move a couple weeks ago, tank had been setup since February, and I haven't experienced any kind of hitch at all. My acros haven't skipped a beat, and I don't have ugly looking sand. :D :D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back