Bubba's SPS Journey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, do you have any conchs in there? Mine bulldoze around my sand bed and it looks more like purple coralline specks than like yours...

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed all my sand (approx 2.5 inch) during my tank move a couple weeks ago, tank had been setup since February, and I haven't experienced any kind of hitch at all. My acros haven't skipped a beat, and I don't have ugly looking sand. :D :D
And I hope you, or anyone for that matter, have zero hitches. I just remember a brs video where @Ryanbrs expressed regret removing all the sand from the brs160.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, do you have any conchs in there? Mine bulldoze around my sand bed and it looks more like purple coralline specks than like yours...
I have maybe 6 conchs. I also have a couple sand sifting starfish but sand still looks horrible.

I have removed a lot of my sand already. I have barely enough left for my wrasses to be covered. If it doesn’t clear in the next month I may remove the rest and do the bowl thing again.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I hope you, or anyone for that matter, have zero hitches. I just remember a brs video where @Ryanbrs expressed regret removing all the sand from the brs160.
Same, made me nervous, but I didn't have a choice about the move and figured using the old sand or getting new were both riskier than simply getting rid of it.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I sucked mine out 3-4 years ago and have no regrets. I think sand looks more natural but no sand is SO much easier for an Acro tank.

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, my sand is uglier. But I guess I'll be patient even thou I hate seeing the display that way.

My new tank is just moved 6 months ago, sand was new, so I think it is still maturing.

yours I think I remember is also a new setup.

Ugly things will happen here or there....I guess I preffer an ugly sand that ugly rock or corals.

PS: last pink tenuis is just out of this world.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bubba, have you tried a diamond goby to help keep the sand clean?

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand bed clean and everything else gets covered in sand ;) I used to have a goby that loved to fill his mouth with Sand and then swim around the Tank dropping it over everything

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand bed clean and everything else gets covered in sand ;) I used to have a goby that loved to fill his mouth with Sand and then swim around the Tank dropping it over everything
Have that problem at the moment, V. Strigata, horrible little bugger :mad: Planning an eviction soon hehe

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it twice in the past in my previous tank but when it sifts the sand a bunch of small particles come out the gills and floats around the tank. Seeing those particles all the time annoyed me as I like clear water. They do keep the sand nice and white though. Plus I have removed a lot of my sand over the past month and have maybe 1/4" left which the diamon goby wouldn't be happy. I have just enough left to make it look like I have sand but somehow still gets dirty, :confused:

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to evict my resident blue tang. He liked to splash CUPS FULL of water at my lights and out of my tank
Ooh mine too. Splashes everything. But can’t get rid of her. Just can’t do it.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh mine too. Splashes everything. But can’t get rid of her. Just can’t do it.
Must be a blue hippo thing. Mine splashes so much water also but I’ve had her since she was 1” so she will won’t be going anywhere. The new tank is eurobraced so I was hoping it would prevent splashing but no such luck.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any new pics of the Bill Murray Acro or the Princess Peach Acro? Would love to see some colony pics of them
The princess peach I took a pic not too long ago and posted it on page 225 and post number #4,500. I need to take a new one of the bill Murray as it’s more orange now then it was in the last pic.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back