Bubba's SPS Journey

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too change it up a little I decided to practice taking fish pics.

Golden Rhomboid Wrasse
50842956597_96ca283aeb_b.jpg
Gorgeous fish.....but where are our coral pictures??:p:cool:

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely hate the rainbow Delight coral as I’m sure many also do. Right now mine is up on the frag rack with plenty of other coral that have colored up and grown. However the rainbow has just encrusted a bit and stalled. It stays a starved brown with a slight purple hue to the tips. Any recommendations?? It is to the left and even with actinics and orange lense it’s just brown.

Attachments

• 40900DBA-CF52-4FCD-AB90-07FF67A1D742.jpeg
    40900DBA-CF52-4FCD-AB90-07FF67A1D742.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely hate the rainbow Delight coral as I’m sure many also do. Right now mine is up on the frag rack with plenty of other coral that have colored up and grown. However the rainbow has just encrusted a bit and stalled. It stays a starved brown with a slight purple hue to the tips. Any recommendations?? It is to the left and even with actinics and orange lense it’s just brown.
Rainbow delight can be a tough one. If you look at the body of mine it’s still brown. I’d make sure you are feeding enough but not have too high of nutrients and color will come.

Reefanatik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much.

Adam has been handing that one out a lot lately. He gave me a freebie of it about 6 weeks ago and he sent me another freebie of it last week. I will take a pic of mine for you.

Here is a perfect example of what I experience under high light. This first pic is TSA's pic of their fruity pebbles. I have seen this coral in their tank and also in a buddy's tank and this pic is accurate. Below their pic is a picture of mine. Mine is solid red with the red tips on the end of the branches.

TSA-Fuity-Pebbles-.jpg

Mine even with the lights so far off the tank.
TSA fruity pebbles Jan 21.jpg
Here is mine. I have mine under MH 250W Radiums and Radion XR15 G4 Pros.
AB02B1F1-4870-43F6-A1CB-3F3167FF1517.jpeg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a soft spot for smooth skins.

Skinny Love
50846355856_bfdf922588_c.jpg
Love this piece. I just got one from Adam about a month ago. It's encrusting nicely.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Move it to the center of the tank where it can get light from all angles.......that's a terrible spot on your rack.

It also needs a wide area to encurst. The new sprouts and growth is where the color will start on this large encrusted area. Frags are always going to look like crap as energy from this coral is put into laying out a base.

It doesn't need high par as you can see this was growing on the floor of my tank.
vivid floor R 061717.jpg

Fully colored section of a colony..........as long as it's growing well the whole colony will stay colored up.

Vivids rainbow two 012421.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba,
Hope all is well :) I hear you have/had the PR Infidel? If so, mind sharing a pic? Mine is a nub, lol, just looking forward to seeing this one as it develops :)
Cheers

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread needs an updated FTS! ;)
I enjoyed being a stay at home dad for the past 11 years and not having to work. Not having to work allowed me to take tons of pics and share all the time but now my kids have grown old enough for me now to get back to working. Now that I work I rarely get the time to take pics anymore. I will try and take more pics more often!

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey @bubbaque on your current tank you are using all led right? Which ones?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back