Bubba's SPS Journey

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay :) I'll need to get a bottle of that now... are there any similarities with potassium chloride?
If your concern is AEFW, then, IMO, potassium chloride is perfect. A few other bugs might tolerate it, but aefw death is guaranteed while acropora do just fine in it. 3 grams per liter, but I often do a lot more with no issues.

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your concern is AEFW, then, IMO, potassium chloride is perfect. A few other bugs might tolerate it, but aefw death is guaranteed while acropora do just fine in it. 3 grams per liter, but I often do a lot more with no issues.

Just did 2 tblsp per gallon as my weekly dip procedure :) but why is it that the reef primer kills a lot more stuff? Should I maybe add it as an "everyother " week dip?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did 2 tblsp per gallon as my weekly dip procedure :) but why is it that the reef primer kills a lot more stuff? Should I maybe add it as an "everyother " week dip?
I don't have experience with Reef Primer, so @bubbaque might speak to that.

KCl does kill pods, brittle stars, and worms quickly. It is not as effective against some of the tegastes we call red bugs, black bugs, and white bugs. I use interceptor (in tank, three times) when I suspect those.

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have experience with Reef Primer, so @bubbaque might speak to that.

KCl does kill pods, brittle stars, and worms quickly. It is not as effective against some of the tegastes we call red bugs, black bugs, and white bugs. I use interceptor (in tank, three times) when I suspect those.

Perfect :) I think reef primer needs an investigation... I'm interested in the claims of it cleaning bacterial infection, stn and rtn

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect :) I think reef primer needs an investigation... I'm interested in the claims of it cleaning bacterial infection, stn and rtn
I do not know if I would trust it to do all that as sometimes when I mix it too strong it will cause rtn.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small frag but will be exciting to see it grow. I believe it is TSA Stan Lee but will have to double check at work.

51221955424_4f2a06f68a_b.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome shots bro!

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small frag but will be exciting to see it grow. I believe it is TSA Stan Lee but will have to double check at work.

51221955424_4f2a06f68a_b.jpg

This pic makes me want one now. One of the pieces I've been on the fence about wondering if there was much difference in coloration to justify the purchase. Liking the orange polyps on purple and green.

Also, would you mind sharing your camera set up? Your pics are amazingly beautiful!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pic makes me want one now. One of the pieces I've been on the fence about wondering if there was much difference in coloration to justify the purchase. Liking the orange polyps on purple and green.

Also, would you mind sharing your camera set up? Your pics are amazingly beautiful!
It’s a really nice coral. @FarmerTy also got one the same time I got mine so maybe he will share a pic of his also.

For the camera I use a Canon EOS R with the 100mm macro L series lens. I use a custom white balance for my pics. The further away pics I use the canon 60mm. Luckily I got my lens pre-Covid when they were half the price they are now. Prices now for lenses are crazy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back