Bubble algae gone wild!

  • Thread starter Thread starter bbiddie92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bbiddie92

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Moreland Hills
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on a vacation to Thailand for a month and when I returned my tank was COVERED in bubble algae!! I dont know much about this algae so does anyone know quick and easy ways to eliminate it?!
 
Do you have a lot of corals? If not, I would just pull them out and treat. If you do, I would suggest an emerald crab or two (depending on how much bubble algae we are talking)
 
Im talking ALOT like every rock is covered! I have a decent amount of coral but I dont have anywhere to put them while I treat the tank.
 
Emeralds are all about some bubble algae. Keep an eye on them though. I've had one go after a really nice Clavularia that I had.
 
Good luck!! I think it is going to be a long road to rid the tank of it.
 
My emerald crabs never touched it. I just pulled it off with my fingers if it was big enough (trying not to pop it) or siphoned it out during water changes. It's one of the easier algaes to get rid of. You might not get 100% of it but enough to where it's not dominating your tank. GL!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new