Bubble coral.

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved a bubble coral but it has hair algae and bubble algae on its skeleton/rock. It also has tube worms sticking out on it as well. This being my first bubble coral, is there anyway to remove it from the skele/roc or cut the majority of it off? My tank has no algae or tube worms and i do not want to introduce any in there at all. Any help is appreciated.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use a soft brush and brush off the algae scrape of the tube worm. Be careful not to hurt the flesh or introduce the bubble algae in your tank

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it needs its skeleton...remove bubble algae and use brush to clean of algae. Be careful as bubble coral are very delicate.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated, do not cut away. Use a toothbrush to get algae off, you can use a razor blade to gently get tube worms off, then make sure to rinse really well in salt water a couple different tanks to get it all off.

Warning, bubble corals are very delicate and if the flesh is torn, you may lose the coral. Make sure to do all this after it fully closes up. handle in the water if you can and not take out to help.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back