Budget lights ?

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a Nicrew full spectrum LED saltwater light that has around 150 par and 10,000k. I Got it on amazon for like $70 CAD

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another item on the T5 front is bulb disposal. They need to be brought to a facility that can legally dispose of them.

I still have a 36" ATI that I may consider using when I put up a 40B; however, the cost of the new bulbs (4x$20) will likely cost close to a new LED fixture that should at least pay for itself after the 2nd T5 bulb change (year 2).

Plus, as others have mentioned there is no dimming on many T5's.

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than businesses that fear being fined, I bet very few people dispose of them properly.
I bet you are right, but it does not change that folks should be. It was just another data point since we are all about protecting our marine life from chemicals... then folks dump their bulbs in the trash releasing enough mercury to pollute 100's if not 1000's of gallons of water per bulb.

Assuming the fear tactics on mercury pollution is true.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another item on the T5 front is bulb disposal. They need to be brought to a facility that can legally dispose of them.

I still have a 36" ATI that I may consider using when I put up a 40B; however, the cost of the new bulbs (4x$20) will likely cost close to a new LED fixture that should at least pay for itself after the 2nd T5 bulb change (year 2).

Plus, as others have mentioned there is no dimming on many T5's.
Yes think lit will have to be LEDs for me then

ReeferGuy927

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill tell ya. The Hipargero's from amazon are a pretty dang good option. Their shimmer is great and they are growing coral on one of my nanos. The one downfall that i hate about them...is their touch sensitive buttons to adjust color spectrum and intensity. I always said...if they made an app. They would have a home run light. I think i paid $60 shipped.

Im personally trying the Noopsyche K7 pro II. I just ordered three of those and 3 ali express orphek knock offs for my 165. So i cant comment on those as i havent grown anything yet.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have put an order in for a £199 light I can’t remember what it was called but it has an app with different settings and I think the name began with an M

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im personally trying the Noopsyche K7 pro II. I just ordered three of those and 3 ali express orphek knock offs for my 165. So i cant comment on those as i havent grown anything yet.
I've considered trying the noopsyche for my qt tank. When you get them you should post your opinion of them? Also did you order the noopysche online, and if so do you mind telling me where from? I've looked at them on aquariumlowcost.com but I'm not sure if I trust the site.

ReeferGuy927

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've considered trying the noopsyche for my qt tank. When you get them you should post your opinion of them? Also did you order the noopysche online, and if so do you mind telling me where from? I've looked at them on aquariumlowcost.com but I'm not sure if I trust the site.
I also didnt trust that site. So i went to aquariumspecialty.com. I did pay a bit more for them...but when you equate shipping costs...they were nearly the same. Also, aquariumlowcost.com was gonna be 2 months to ship. I just didnt have a good feeling about that site. Id be happy to post a review on them. I understand the drawbacks with them. But the pricepoint is just too right for what i want to do right now. Im excited to see them

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back