Build thread

reefmeplease

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
6
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just wanted to start up a build thread of my 84 by 36 by 24 tank. I'm currently cycling the tank so just getting it going. Here are a few pictures of the set up. I'm still trying to figure out who I want to buy lights through because the are so many options.

PXL_20250721_002813616.jpg 17530582377776666356349793129709.jpg 17530582691645432888884510068010.jpg
 
Looks like you are off to a great start with your tank! @Troylee could provide you with information on lights that would fit that tank!
 
Not sure your budget but reef breeder meridans work very well! You could put a few 24” fixtures front to back and cover it… if you wanna go used I’d get some photons which are decently priced now! Reefi uno is a good choice also but take a bunch to cover it correctly.. I’d stay away from the hype of radions..
 
Not sure your budget but reef breeder meridans work very well! You could put a few 24” fixtures front to back and cover it… if you wanna go used I’d get some photons which are decently priced now! Reefi uno is a good choice also but take a bunch to cover it correctly.. I’d stay away from the hype of radions..
Thank you for the input. I was making in staying away from the radions I have seen a lot of posts about them not working working right. I will look into these. Have you heard anything about Dalua x4s I was looking at these a little but not sure.
 
Thank you for the input. I was making in staying away from the radions I have seen a lot of posts about them not working working right. I will look into these. Have you heard anything about Dalua x4s I was looking at these a little but not sure.
I have, but have zero experience with them.. I know several people have given them a shot and like them.. I was always halides myself and tried several different LEDs before making the switch to reef breeders cause I found something that not only worked but I loved.
 
Hey everyone! Just wanted to start up a build thread of my 84 by 36 by 24 tank. I'm currently cycling the tank so just getting it going. Here are a few pictures of the set up. I'm still trying to figure out who I want to buy lights through because the are so many options.

PXL_20250721_002813616.jpg 17530582377776666356349793129709.jpg 17530582691645432888884510068010.jpg
Great looking setup...what's your light budget?

You could do 3 ATI straton pros, metal halides with blue LED strips...t5 and metal halide...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new