• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulkhead Wrench

NO, for existing systems & being used underneath the tank to tighten the existing bulkhead.
 
1" version. The quick print one with the thinner shoulders was not able to put much torque on the nut without flexing and slipping. Underside of the handle is a little rough as 30degree angle is about as steep as I could go without supports under it. It doesn't affect the handle strength. The heavy duty version is much stiffer but does extend it a bit further. Let me know what you think.
IMG_3909[1].jpg
 
Photo in hand so you can get an idea how long the handle portion is. Kept it kinda short so it could get into tight places. The straight portion where it starts to bend up to the end of the handle is about 6.5cm.
IMG_3910[1].jpg
 
Looks OK. I would prefer the heavy duty style. I think an angle of 15 - 20 degrees might serve us better though.
If I am seeing correctly it could be thicker to match or slightly exceed the height of the nut in the 1st picture, giving better strength to the opening. 6.5 mm is 1/4", can we do 10mm? If that is easy enough I say go for it.
 
Looks OK. I would prefer the heavy duty style. I think an angle of 15 - 20 degrees might serve us better though.
If I am seeing correctly it could be thicker to match or slightly exceed the height of the nut in the 1st picture, giving better strength to the opening. 6.5 mm is 1/4", can we do 10mm? If that is easy enough I say go for it.
Yep can do that.
 
OK Boss, I say go for it on all sizes.
Let me know if you need anything from me.
 
I think the 20 degrees should be ok
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new