BulkReefSupply Lost Package

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least ATF Didn’t show up at your door, with the Sheriffs. I ordered a Powdered Deck Cleaner / Brightener that Sikkens recommended. For some reason none of the local paint stores had it. First one I got a busted open empty tub, second one, almost empty in a containment bag. Third one finally came carefully packed in a plastic bag in a padded box. This was shortly after 9-11, and the stuff made a potent Hydrogen Peroxide. BTW, If you want an almost impervious clear finish on your stand, try Sikkens Cetol, if you can get it without a bunch of paperwork and hull Number.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if someone has dealt with this before and how it went?
Ordered a protein skimmer because mine broke and i need one asap.

Was expecting delivery today. UPS tracking showed it as delivered and dropped at front door. Well not my front door.
And i know it was the UPS delivery persons mistake because i also had another package supposed to arrive today from a different vendor.
Both show delivered at front door at the same time. The delivery person obviously was careless and dropped them at someone else's house.

I opened a claim with UPS. BRS is closed so I cant talk to anyone there.
UPS is really useless - how hard can it be to contact the driver, or check where he really dropped them off?
But nope - as per UPS it can take 14 business days for the claim to go through.

I really cant go without a skimmer for that long. My faith in humanity is very low. The possibility of whoever got the packages doing the right thing and dropping them off to the correct address is something I highly doubt will happen. Its been about 6 hours and they haven't yet. People continue to disappoint me.
The totally careless UPS delivery person and the "neighbor" who got the packages.
Will BRS send me another? Or am I completely screwed?

I'm always bummed to hear this. I think we've all been in your shoes at one point or another. Super excited about something new for our tank, then confused and upset when it doesn't show up when we expected.

Not to worry, we'll make sure you get your skimmer one way or the other. Our phone lines will be open here in just a couple of minutes and if you give us a call, our customer service team will be able to help. Like others have mentioned, it will likely show up; we rarely see boxes that are truly lost. Even so, the customer service team can get a lost package claim filed on our end, which can help expedite the process with UPS.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I actually have had this happen with UPS twice ever and both times it was with BRS...coincidence? Probably. I live in NYC and my building has multiple retail locations in it so I checked with all of them since the doorman said that sometimes they get delivered there and found it at best buy. Second time it happened I went straight to best buy, they said it wasn't there, and I made them check anyway and it was...I agree the process with UPS not even being able to speak to an actual person is the most frustrating and dumb customer service process ever, although I also doubt the driver would know where in his route he improperly left a package, I'm just glad it was never anything living. You're best bet unfortunately is to file the claim with UPS and also let bulk reef know in case UPS doesn't make it right. Order a new skimmer and if the other one shows up just return it. You could also just do water changes more often in the meantime.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least ATF Didn’t show up at your door, with the Sheriffs. I ordered a Powdered Deck Cleaner / Brightener that Sikkens recommended. For some reason none of the local paint stores had it. First one I got a busted open empty tub, second one, almost empty in a containment bag. Third one finally came carefully packed in a plastic bag in a padded box. This was shortly after 9-11, and the stuff made a potent Hydrogen Peroxide. BTW, If you want an almost impervious clear finish on your stand, try Sikkens Cetol, if you can get it without a bunch of paperwork and hull Number.
Thats nuts but not surprising if you know what enough hydrogen peroxide plus other ingredients can make....

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet it’s a tracking scan error and arrives today. Crazy how expectations have evolved, this thread is a great example of why that job is tough.
Not a tracking error. It was delivered to the wrong address. They tracked it and are trying to get it back.
It is a good example of making the job tough, not doing it right.

If you consider high expectations being getting things you ordered delivered to the correct address. I wonder what low expectations are for you.

Its a hard job. They have it bad. These mistakes are not a bad thing. There is a reason for making mistakes like this, etc.

No people. This is not the new normal. Not for me. Never will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always bummed to hear this. I think we've all been in your shoes at one point or another. Super excited about something new for our tank, then confused and upset when it doesn't show up when we expected.

Not to worry, we'll make sure you get your skimmer one way or the other. Our phone lines will be open here in just a couple of minutes and if you give us a call, our customer service team will be able to help. Like others have mentioned, it will likely show up; we rarely see boxes that are truly lost. Even so, the customer service team can get a lost package claim filed on our end, which can help expedite the process with UPS.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Thank you!
But I have said several times. I know its not BRS's fault here. At all.
BRS shipped it fast. And transaction went smoothly.
I already opened the claim with UPS and they did find it was delivered to the wrong address. Based on the tracking info they have on the driver.
So now its a waiting game.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a tracking error. It was delivered to the wrong address. They tracked it and are trying to get it back.

If you consider high expectations being getting things you ordered delivered to the correct address. I wonder what low expectations are for you.
I had the same thing happen to me last year. It took FedEx a week of confusion... to do abosolutely nothing; in the end, I did a bit of amateur sleuthing, found out who received it (this is a small town), walked over to the recipient's house (three houses away) and picked it up myself. The mid-level managers I spoke with were all very nice, and I got the sense that they had absolutely no workable tools with which they could actually help me. This was a shipment of vintage fragrances, though, so it was a pain to explain, over and over again, why I'd want someone else's used perfumes.

I do, admittedly, get a lot of packages delivered by courier, so I always expect that something could go wrong, and pandemic shipping conditions have been particularly unusual. I always try to have flexible shipping expectations nowadays.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing happen to me last year. It took FedEx a week of confusion... to do abosolutely nothing; in the end, I did a bit of amateur sleuthing, found out who received it (this is a small town), walked over to the recipient's house (three houses away) and picked it up myself. I do, admittedly, get a lot of packages delivered by courier.
I also get lots of stuff delivered. And its funny how that works out. Usually i wouldn't care less if something is delayed. But when I'm anticipating something arriving this happens.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP seems super entitled and a know-it-all since he has an answer to every possible solution or outcome or any reason why it may have happened. he should have his stuff now and nothing should stop that.

get over yourself, contact BRS when they open today, and contact UPS and tell them you have video of them not showing up. watch their tune change the second you say yo have video.
youll get your package, just chill out.
Or go to the LFS and buy the very much needed item in person.

Thats what I do if I must have something that day, I order plenty online but also know it’s not fool proof …..

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if someone has dealt with this before and how it went?
Ordered a protein skimmer because mine broke and i need one asap.

Was expecting delivery today. UPS tracking showed it as delivered and dropped at front door. Well not my front door.
And i know it was the UPS delivery persons mistake because i also had another package supposed to arrive today from a different vendor.
Both show delivered at front door at the same time. The delivery person obviously was careless and dropped them at someone else's house.

I opened a claim with UPS. BRS is closed so I cant talk to anyone there.
UPS is really useless - how hard can it be to contact the driver, or check where he really dropped them off?
But nope - as per UPS it can take 14 business days for the claim to go through.

I really cant go without a skimmer for that long. My faith in humanity is very low. The possibility of whoever got the packages doing the right thing and dropping them off to the correct address is something I highly doubt will happen. Its been about 6 hours and they haven't yet. People continue to disappoint me.
The totally careless UPS delivery person and the "neighbor" who got the packages.
Will BRS send me another? Or am I completely screwed?
I made a DIY skimmer with wooden air stone PVC pipe and empty plastic bottle. Works very well. Could use as a “temp” skimmer for a week til u get real one

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the skimmer but I redid the skim cup, two 90 degree elbows down into a plastic cup but no pic of it current I’m sorry

Attachments

• IMG_1574.MOV
    6.6 MB
  • 30E9F6AC-D5F4-42A5-9405-2806CE28F472.jpeg
    30E9F6AC-D5F4-42A5-9405-2806CE28F472.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 28

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Didn't read the whole thread.....but my bet is this.

UPS driver marked it as delivered because he was running behind schedule and needed to meet his quota.

Package should arrive today or tomorrow depending on how often they run your route.

Happens by me ALL THE TIME. When it happened for the first time on a shipment of expensive camera equipment I was livid, now I know & I chill for day or two and it always comes up.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't read the whole thread.....but my bet is this.

UPS driver marked it as delivered because he was running behind schedule and needed to meet his quota.

Package should arrive today or tomorrow depending on how often they run your route.

Happens by me ALL THE TIME. When it happened for the first time on a shipment of expensive camera equipment I was livid, now I know & I chill for day or two and it always comes up.
Was not just one package from one vendor. Was confirmed delivered to wrong address.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

:face-with-spiral-eyes::face-with-spiral-eyes: You can almost automatically pick out the millennials based on these replies :squinting-face-with-tongue::squinting-face-with-tongue:

Its a hard job. They have it bad. These mistakes are not a bad thing. There is a reason for making mistakes like this, etc.

No people. This is not the new normal. Not for me. Never will be.
LOL, that guy probably has 100 other entitled people just like you wanting their package immediately and you want the driver to go back, and run around looking for yours, when it could be many reasons for it being in error at that moment. People these days….

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside of the topic here....

You need to figure out why your system can't go a couple weeks without a skimmer. That's not normal and are signs of an unhealthy system riding a very fine line right now
Actually my tank is quite healthy.
Without the skimmer my DSB (which i have for a BSJ) has started to form diatoms. Some of my LPS are opening up a bit less. Each tank is different. Mine runs best with a skimmer. I don't think i need to figure anything out I just need to put in a skimmer. Its been fine for years like that.

LOL, that guy probably has 100 other entitled people just like you wanting their package immediately and you want the driver to go back, and run around looking for yours, when it could be many reasons for it being in error at that moment. People these days….
If that guy has 100 other "entitled people" or in other words "customers" he messed deliveries up with. (May want to remember the customer part for any job you may hold) Then that guy needs more training and is not doing his job well.
If you treat your customers like "entitled people" as you say, then good luck with that...

The entitled person is the person who holds a job that they don't deserve or didn't earn. Sort of like a guy who messes up on 100 deliveries or maybe even a person who thinks of customers as entitled people.
Entitled people :rolleyes:

Why do I feel like I'm talking to my teen kids...

Last edited:

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually my tank is quite healthy.
Without the skimmer my DSB (which i have for a BSJ) is started to form diatoms. Some of my LSP are opening up a bit less. Each tank is different. Mine runs best with a skimmer. I dont think i need to figure out anything i just need to put in a skimmer. Its been fine for years like that.

If that guy has 100 other "entitled people" or in other words "customers". (May want to remember the customer part for any job you may hold) Then that guy needs more training and is not doing his job well.
The difference is I actually understand logistics. The system that allows the Veruca Salts of the world to “have to their package now!” doesn’t accommodate drivers spending hours back-tracking for errors; it would wreck their whole route.

How is messing up the rest of their route to placate one person “doing their job well”? Yeah…

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%

Back