OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Kmore1219. I wish I knew the secret to making it grow but I don't. ;)

OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to move forward with the Neptune AFS. Unboxing and and basic testing completed this evening. The AFS comes with a 15' Aquabus cable and a mounting bracket. I need to finalize cable run, management and programming. It sits well on the sump area of the IM 20 and does not appear to be unstable or prone to falling in the sump or the tank itself.

I am using Reef Nutrition TDO Chroma Boost food and it is very small. I had to add a small piece of paper to the adjusting arm that controls the food dosing to accommodate the small food granules. I will post a pic of the AFS install once cabling and final placement is set.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to move forward with the Neptune AFS. Unboxing and and basic testing completed this evening. The AFS comes with a 15' Aquabus cable and a mounting bracket. I need to finalize cable run, management and programming. It sits well on the sump area of the IM 20 and does not appear to be unstable or prone to falling in the sump or the tank itself.

I am using Reef Nutrition TDO Chroma Boost food and it is very small. I had to add a small piece of paper to the adjusting arm that controls the food dosing to accommodate the small food granules. I will post a pic of the AFS install once cabling and final placement is set.

I am very interested to see how this goes for you. What size TDO Chroma-Boost are you using?

-Chad

OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still going well. It is about 14 months old now. I picked up some frags this weekend. Here is a pic of some of the frags. My cleaner shrimp photo bombed the frags. :)

DSC_0067.JPG

OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experienced a loss today - my cleaner shrimp (affectionately called "Cleaner") passed away. I had him for about 16 months. I checked my parameters and all is fine.
Temp 77.8
pH 8.61-8.79
salinity 1.025
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0

Al other inhabitants appear to be fine. Will continue to observe and replace my cleaner this weekend if all stays well the rest of the week. I am going to chalk it up as it was just his time to go.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experienced a loss today - my cleaner shrimp (affectionately called "Cleaner") passed away. I had him for about 16 months. I checked my parameters and all is fine.
Temp 77.8
pH 8.61-8.79
salinity 1.025
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0

Al other inhabitants appear to be fine. Will continue to observe and replace my cleaner this weekend if all stays well the rest of the week. I am going to chalk it up as it was just his time to go.
Sorry to hear that. How are your corals filling in?

OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. How are your corals filling in?

Great. Still have them on plugs but they are all growing. Planning to take some updated pics this weekend and post 'em up. My mushroom has split/doubled and my zoa plugs are all growing additional polyps. They all look a lot different with 3 months growth.

How's your tank and the OBX doing?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. Still have them on plugs but they are all growing. Planning to take some updated pics this weekend and post 'em up. My mushroom has split/doubled and my zoa plugs are all growing additional polyps. They all look a lot different with 3 months growth.

How's your tank and the OBX doing?
That's great! My tank is doing well I think. Somehow I've got more corals than I have space for. The OBX is here still, just waiting on that snow they're talking about! Are you in Buxton, or just a favorite place?

OP
OP
B

buxton.nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Richmond, so it's just a favorite place for us. We visit the OBX a few times a year. We most recently visited for a week in early November and stayed in the Landings at Sugar Creek near the outlets.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back