Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ed, that's a better question for Orphek. There are some green diodes and they're changing the exact wavelength on that from what my test bar has. I'll check but I think mine has 530 and they're going to 500 or 510 on those. I'll look at some correspondence to see if I have exact layout of my test bar.

I'd say the look is a little brighter and a little more purple vs blue than the Gen 1 Sky Blue. What are your thoughts Joel?
I hope they use Cyan (500nm) instead of green (530nm) for three reasons:
1. Cyan will blend better with the blue
2. Cyan is useful for photosynthesis
3. Actual sea water looks blue/cyan

IMO green is not a priority colour to include in reef aquarium LED’s based on photosynthesis response and penetration into seawater, but it is obvious that cyan is an important colour for both. And visually cyan looks natural and brings out additional fluorescence.

As for the daylight gen 2 bar I wander if they are changing the LED layout in that too?

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No customization of the OR2 bars , not sure if you can still have the Gen1 bars customized tho. Would need to ask Orphek directly.

Lee
I’m not sure if the gen 1 will still be available or not. Orphek have recently posted that it will be, but I have and email from them suggesting it won’t be. Perhaps a decision hasn’t been made. It would be great for them to keep the custom option open.

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMO green is not a priority colour to include in reef aquarium LED’s based on photosynthesis response and penetration into seawater, but it is obvious that cyan is an important colour for both. And visually cyan looks natural and brings out additional fluorescence.

As for the daylight gen 2 bar I wander if they are changing the LED layout in that too?

From the emails I got from Orphek the OR2 range has been completely redone spectrum wise so I would expect all the OR2 range to be different than the Gen1 bars. And The emails I got suggested that the Gen1 will still be sold also. All done to improve blending and power output. I can't wait for these !!!

Lee

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time to post about the
new OR2 Reef day plus spectrum
From 380nm UV to 750 Infra Red

78ED55A4-7F65-4D12-9A14-6252CA0436E7.png

We took out the reds but insted our Infra red .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agree with all you said .

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Ed, that's a better question for Orphek. There are some green diodes and they're changing the exact wavelength on that from what my test bar has. I'll check but I think mine has 530 and they're going to 500 or 510 on those. I'll look at some correspondence to see if I have exact layout of my test bar.

I'd say the look is a little brighter and a little more purple vs blue than the Gen 1 Sky Blue. What are your thoughts Joel?

Thanks, it sounds like you have a daylight bar?

For some reason I was under the impression they were coming out with a new UV/blue combined bar and that's what you had..................if the new line isn't customizable that seems a route they should follow.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ed, I have non-final version of the new Sky Blue Plus, not daylight. I like it better than my Sky Blue gen 1 and believe the final color will be better than my test bar. The bar I have has just a few of the green in it and final will have them shifted to Cyan.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if this where we post our wish list James here it is
I need 6' bars (180 gallon) with dimming control even if it is manual because I do not like running leds at 100%. I like to start at 80% and crank it up a few percentage each year so they last with the same PAR level for 5+ years.
Legs for the bars so they can sit on top of the tank like my Build my led which makes for a cleaner looking aquarium.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time to post about the
new OR2 Reef day plus spectrum
From 380nm UV to 750 Infra Red

78ED55A4-7F65-4D12-9A14-6252CA0436E7.png

We took out the reds but insted our Infra red .
This looks great! I’m glad you swapped the reds because I was concerned that they may not blend properly. Looks like I’ll be getting a mix of the gen 2 blues and daylight in or150. My tank still has a few months to mature but can’t wait to order these lights.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR 60 Blue Sky LED Light : Product Review by Danna Riddle

A Quick Look at Orphek’s ‘Blue Sky’ LED Strip Light
By Dana Riddle

link to the Review : https://orphek.com/orphek-or-60-blue-sky-led-light-product-review-by-danna-riddle/

-Spectral quality-OR-blue Sky.jpg

Figure 1. Spectral quality of the ‘Blue Sky’ LED light

ORrphek-OR bar blue Sky- spectrum by 10nm bandwidths.jpg

Figure 2. ‘Blue Sky’ LED spectrum by 10nm bandwidths.

Cyan and green wavelengths-Orphek-bar led .jpg

Figure 3. Cyan and green wavelengths are important in coral photosynthesis.

Photosynthetically Usable Radiation-orphek-blue sky .jpg

Figure 4. The Photosynthetically Usable Radiation output of the ‘Blue Sky’ fixture is about 15% greater than sunlight.

https://orphek.com/orphek-or-60-blue-sky-led-light-product-review-by-danna-riddle/

24-inch-OR-60-reef-blue-sky-LED-light.jpg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank description:

120 Gal standard bare bottom mixed reef

2 years and 4 months old, corals grown from frags.

ATI 8x54w Sunpower fixture with 2 Orphek OR120 LED bars

Two MP40WQD

Aquamaxx E600 skimmer

Vertex 3L Zeolite reactor

GEO 612 Calcium reactor with Reborn media

Water changes kept to a minimum, 6 gal every week.

Six BRS dosers for 3 part, amino acids and carbon source
ECF93495-3A3A-455D-A487-6C4DAC6B08FE.jpeg

C84FA70E-4DFC-4E7B-B0D0-AF273EF05C3B.png

Last edited:

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have just received an email from Carlos located in Puerto Rico. Eight months ago Carlos purchased two OR120, sky blue spectrum with no lenses. This is the result after using just two OR120 lights for eight months.

C84FA70E-4DFC-4E7B-B0D0-AF273EF05C3B.png

Wow , if that’s just from 2 x OR120 Sky Blue I may have to change my order for the new OR2 90’s to 2 x blue plus and 1 x daylight plus.....would be nice to see a before shot of that tank to see how much growth in 8 months

Lee

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow , if that’s just from 2 x OR120 Sky Blue I may have to change my order for the new OR2 90’s to 2 x blue plus and 1 x daylight plus.....would be nice to see a before shot of that tank to see how much growth in 8 months

Lee
Yes you can do this if you like more deep look . In the New OR2 we use 9 types of LEDs chip cover the violet blue and cyan . Corals can grow on under this light

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back