Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew I should've just ordered the reef day when i ordered the blue. This wait is killing me, I might still have the t5 on for a couple hours a day but I want to see led lighting when i look at it now after having t5 for so long. I wonder how long before another or2 blue is ordered since the or1 blue isn't nearly as clear of a blue as the or2.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew I should've just ordered the reef day when i ordered the blue. This wait is killing me, I might still have the t5 on for a couple hours a day but I want to see led lighting when i look at it now after having t5 for so long. I wonder how long before another or2 blue is ordered since the or1 blue isn't nearly as clear of a blue as the or2.
Hi Alexiowa , we had holiday from 1/5 now we back to ship and make more lights so all orders will be ship faster and faster , so you can order more and get faster now . We did not expected that so many people will buy so fast and we not even announced about no even product page .

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you attach it? I have a Spectra that I’d like to add a blue plus to.
I modified their mounting brackets. Once I get my second one I will show a picture of them mounted. Right now 1 is to heavy to keep balanced.

E7738852-DD5A-458E-990E-7C9033BF20B7.jpeg

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek I have A OR2 90 blue Plus that has a green LED at each end of the BAR and this really does spill outside the tank onto the floor. I have the BARS 10 inches above the water and I also have a pelmet ?? Any help can you give ?

Lee

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
Is that a reefer 250 you have or 350 ? I've ordered 1 x OR2 Reef day plus and 1 x Blue plus. I will be using these along with an Aquatic life 36'' T5HO Hybrid with 3 x ATI blue plus and 1 x Purple plus bulb's hope I can get a similar colour POP !!! Just cant wait to get them installed...…!!

Lee

Hey when you add them to your aquatic life can you post pictures of the install I’m worried to drill into the t5 to mount the leds.

Anyone else add them to the aquatic life fixture ?

Leicesterblade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey when you add them to your aquatic life can you post pictures of the install I’m worried to drill into the t5 to mount the leds.

Hi there, I had to retro fit the OR2 90’s to my Aquatic life 36’’ fixture as the bars are a little too long to fit. I had a friend make me some 3D printed end plate spacers then drilled some 18mm holes for the power leads on the end plates. Here’s the spacers :

4930CF24-147B-4CCC-8217-2A01FF9B924C.jpeg

45B4ED90-DCBA-433F-8B7C-25F29012B7DD.jpeg

C465F2B5-BECD-46DB-ADC9-96142BF82086.jpeg

0EF4ACBA-9066-46ED-B8F7-08E3CB717D75.jpeg

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have one, but bought mine during their holiday so I haven't received it yet. I am going to try and mount mine to the outside since I already have a few LED fixtures in the middle. I may have to order another bar for the opposite side to counter the weight but I will post a pic when its done.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So on my new build I was thinking of going with all OR 120 Bars. I wanted to start with one Blus plus and one day for now but wanted to know what you guys think would be the best final combination for a 60" L 30" W 17" D tank ? I've emailed Orphek twice now for advice and haven't recieved anything as of yet.

Thanks!

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the OR2 60, the 495nm diodes were at the ends of the bar. Orphek sent me 2 replacement 460nm diodes to replace the 495nm. I was able to replace them last night and I am really happy about how it turned out. The bar is really built well. I didn't take pictures but disassembly is fairly simple. Just need the proper tools. I think the hex head screws are somewhere in the 1mm to 4mm size. You'll need really small hex tools.

Basically, remove the 4 hex screws on each end plates. Once you pry open the ends, the cord can be disconnected. It's a red quick disconnect terminal. You can then remove the 2 screws on the acrylic shield. The acrylic shield doesn't come off as it's glued/siliconed on the bar. However, there is a plate under each end that the acrylic shield screws onto (it's small approximately 1/2" x 1.5" in size). It basically clamps the acrylic shield onto the bar. They need to be removed so that the LED board can slide out. There are 10 small screws at the top of the bar that need to be removed. I think the hex head is either 1mm or 1.5mm. Those hold the LED board to the bar. Once that's done the whole LED board slides out.

The difficult part is replacing the diodes. The optics are glued on there really well. I thought I was going to break the board. I was able to pry it off with a blade. The same goes for the diode. It's attached on there well. Make sure you take note of where the + and - ends of the diode go. There are tiny marks at the end of the diodes. Clean it up a little and then solder in the replacement diodes.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the OR2 60, the 495nm diodes were at the ends of the bar. Orphek sent me 2 replacement 460nm diodes to replace the 495nm. I was able to replace them last night and I am really happy about how it turned out. The bar is really built well. I didn't take pictures but disassembly is fairly simple. Just need the proper tools. I think the hex head screws are somewhere in the 1mm to 4mm size. You'll need really small hex tools.

Basically, remove the 4 hex screws on each end plates. Once you pry open the ends, the cord can be disconnected. It's a red quick disconnect terminal. You can then remove the 2 screws on the acrylic shield. The acrylic shield doesn't come off as it's glued/siliconed on the bar. However, there is a plate under each end that the acrylic shield screws onto (it's small approximately 1/2" x 1.5" in size). It basically clamps the acrylic shield onto the bar. They need to be removed so that the LED board can slide out. There are 10 small screws at the top of the bar that need to be removed. I think the hex head is either 1mm or 1.5mm. Those hold the LED board to the bar. Once that's done the whole LED board slides out.

The difficult part is replacing the diodes. The optics are glued on there really well. I thought I was going to break the board. I was able to pry it off with a blade. The same goes for the diode. It's attached on there well. Make sure you take note of where the + and - ends of the diode go. There are tiny marks at the end of the diodes. Clean it up a little and then solder in the replacement diodes.

How did you go about getting these two replacement diodes? I will probably want to do the same thing by the way it sounds

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So on my new build I was thinking of going with all OR 120 Bars. I wanted to start with one Blus plus and one day for now but wanted to know what you guys think would be the best final combination for a 60" L 30" W 17" D tank ? I've emailed Orphek twice now for advice and haven't recieved anything as of yet.

Thanks!

Is that all the lighting you are putting on the tank? I am putting together a 60L X 30W X 24D and I have the aquatic life hybrid with Noopsyches in the middle and just ordered the OR2 blue plus for the outside, and I'm thinking I need one more for the other side. Maybe I am just over doing it.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that all the lighting you are putting on the tank? I am putting together a 60L X 30W X 24D and I have the aquatic life hybrid with Noopsyches in the middle and just ordered the OR2 blue plus for the outside, and I'm thinking I need one more for the other side. Maybe I am just over doing it.

It was all I was planning yes, but not hearing anything back from Orphek I'm not entirely sure it's enough. It will only be a softy/LPS tank so not concerned about PAR or anything. I want to start with two Bars and go from there I'm curious as to what number of bars people think is really enough whether it be 3,4 or even 5 and which bars should be used in each configuration.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So a quick update on my new OR2 60 blue plus. I'm slowly increasing the time it's on, right now only 4hrs a day and adding a half hour each week. I really like the light a lot, it complements my Kessil's and blends well with the T5's. Having said that, my only note would be to change the position of the green/cyan diodes from the ends to the fourth or fifth position in. I feel that it would blend better if mixed with the other diodes, but on the ends, it kinda sticks out on it's own. I'm probably going to buy two more to replace the T5's, but will custom order/change the position of the end diodes or just replace them with 460nm or 470nm diodes?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Minus 9 thanks for the comments,
Yes we moved the 495nm to the center .

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back