Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you only using the light bars in this photo? I'm considering your lighting configuration, but its hard to tell if this is the actual representation or are they supplementing another fixture. If not, is there any way to get a shot of just the light bars in action?

I really like the orphek lights but it makes it hard to get a true idea of what the bars only look like.
good questions ! the OR2 bar are look the best over full tank with corals so the color from corals reflect back.
here is a good example of the OR2 + extra OR1 UV as you can see the UV color reflect on the white send but corals reflect fluorescent color
uv-LED-bar-coral-reef-aquarium.jpg

some client mix the OR2 blue with other light so it blend very well this this photo
reef-LED-bar-Orphek.jpg

some client use Just the OR blue with OR reef day
for example this photo:

orphek-LED-bar-reef-aquarium.jpg

or this one ,
Best-Reef-aquarium-LED-lights-2020-Orphek.jpg

LED-strip-coral-pop.jpg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more photos example :
LED-light-coral-pop-orphek.jpg
OR2-bar-LED-Best-Reef-aquarium-LED-lights-2019-Orphek.jpg
Orphek-OR-bar-LED-reef-aquarium.jpg
coral-pop-LED-reef-lights.jpg
Best-Reef-aquarium-LED-lights-2019.jpg
Best-coral-pop-LED-light.jpg
salt-water-reef-aquarium-LED-bar.jpg
LED-strip-coral-pop.jpg

teast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR Blue Sky v new OR2 Blue Plus.

Wanted to show some comparisons between the new OR2 Blue Plus spectrum and the previous model: OR Blue Sky on the 90cm versions.

The OR Blue Sky version contained 24 dual-chip LEDs combining Blue & Cyan (460nm & 490nm). The new OR2 Blue Plus spectrum utilises 24 dual-chip LEDs but uses 8 different colour variants ranging from 410nm to 495nm. This provides a wider, richer and balanced spectrum with the effect of a 2 in 1, mixing UV/ Violet with Blue in the spectrum.

OR Blue Sky v OR2 Blue Plus 1.JPG

OR Blue Sky v OR2 Blue Plus 2.JPG

OR2 Blue Plus v OR Blue Sky 1.jpg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR2 120 blue plus - Spectrum test by Dana Riddle

This is one o the lamps I'm using on the newly set up 120-gallon reef.
The Blue Plus has LEDs peaking at 420, 450, and 495 nm. The 420nm produces some UV radiation which can excite some fluorescent pigments and of course is absorbed by chlorophylls. Light at 450nm is also utilized in photosynthesis. Peridinin absorbs the aqua radiation and channels it to chlorophylls.
The Seneye device reports Photosynthetically Usable Radiation at 83%.

DFAA4D26-B013-4BF2-8E9F-935E867BD5E1.png
F7D6EF09-8618-43B2-89C7-250491F28920.png
440CC290-4A82-4785-99CF-908883651026.png

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/analyses-orphek-blue-plus-led-strip-light.617341/

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR Blue Sky v new OR2 Blue Plus.

Wanted to show some comparisons between the new OR2 Blue Plus spectrum and the previous model: OR Blue Sky on the 90cm versions.

The OR Blue Sky version contained 24 dual-chip LEDs combining Blue & Cyan (460nm & 490nm). The new OR2 Blue Plus spectrum utilises 24 dual-chip LEDs but uses 8 different colour variants ranging from 410nm to 495nm. This provides a wider, richer and balanced spectrum with the effect of a 2 in 1, mixing UV/ Violet with Blue in the spectrum.

OR Blue Sky v OR2 Blue Plus 1.JPG

OR Blue Sky v OR2 Blue Plus 2.JPG

OR2 Blue Plus v OR Blue Sky 1.jpg

My blue plus looks nothing like the one on the right. Mine has several different blue LEDs and 5 green.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should not be any variations in a blue+ unless someone got a custom configuration but then it wouldn't be a blue+
The blue plus shown is not close to what I got. I've also seen another variation of the blue plus. They are still a blue plus with a diode or two changed out for the most part except that one shown in the above photo.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue plus shown is not close to what I got. I've also seen another variation of the blue plus. They are still a blue plus with a diode or two changed out for the most part except that one shown in the above photo.
That definitely sucks not knowing exactly what your going to get.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That definitely sucks not knowing exactly what your going to get.
I think they're standard blue plus is a standard config. They have changed a but since start but I think they will all be the same from now on. Maybe @Orphek can chime in with a better explanation.

I will say it's pretty cool they let you customize to whatever colors you want at no extra charge.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They first put the 495 & 490 diodes on the ends, but after a few of us mentioned that they didn't blend that well on the ends, they moved them in from the ends (essentially swapped places with the other diodes).

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to let you guys know. We are now carrying these. We have PALLETS of them on the water, preorders are selling out faster then anticipated though, and we haven't even let anyone know we have them incoming till now. It's going to be nice to get them fast from a US company instead of dealing with ordering via email and having to wait for them to be built, plus you get our support, rewards points, free shipping, no import fees, etc.

3 Styles. Blue Plus, Reef Day & UV/Violet. All with 90 degree lenses to penetrate to 39". We are also now carrying the atlantik V4 & compact V4.

OR2 Bars
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/lighting/orphek/or2-led-bars/

Fixtures
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/lighting/orphek/atlantik-fixtures/

Last edited:

Daveyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, are you running them in 120 or 90 degree lenses?

I ran some very quick PAR tests yesterday on the new OR2 Bars over my frag tank. I am using the new Reef Day Plus and Blue Plus OR2 120's. The numbers were really impressive for just 2 Bars. I was recording PAR of 400+ at the top with 270+ mid tank and below. Lights are positioned at 8'' off the water level and the measurement taken in the image below mid-tank was at 15'' below the water level. Wavemaker on feed mode and Return left on.

Most people are thinking of these LED Bar lights as 'secondary' i.e. running alongside and supplementing their Hydras or Radions etc. but for this tank I am achieving my desired PAR of 250-350 in as much of the tank as possible, so 2 Bars is all I need at a fraction of the cost.

IMG_1111.JPG

Capture.PNG

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, are you running them in 120 or 90 degree lenses?
I was told the widest lenses available for the new bar is 90*. But I feel the new bars spread more than the original version I had with the same 90* lense.

Daveyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the widest lenses available for the new bar is 90*. But I feel the new bars spread more than the original version I had with the same 90* lense.

I was told that i’m able to opt for the 120 deg lens. Am also leaning towards it due to the limited spread of my existing light , hydra52hd.

So now am seriously contemplating between 120 vs 90.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that i’m able to opt for the 120 deg lens. Am also leaning towards it due to the limited spread of my existing light , hydra52hd.

So now am seriously contemplating between 120 vs 90.
If your not looking for a lot of par gain I'd go 120. The blending will be a lot better. With that said I would also opt to have the green LEDs replaced with another blue.

Daveyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your not looking for a lot of par gain I'd go 120. The blending will be a lot better. With that said I would also opt to have the green LEDs replaced with another blue.

yeah, thanks for the input, i have requested all 495 and 490 nm to be change to 440 nm.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Other.

Back