Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the red LEDs beneficial?
Yes it part of the chlorophyll a . But need it in very small proportions.

It part of the sun spectrum and make the aquarium more live .

In the Atlantik we not use really red but blue LEDs covered with red phosphor
So it give kind of red/pink and wide red spectrum .in the OR bar LEDs we have no much choice so we add only 1 or 2 LEDs .

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on here taken PAR readings on these lights? I’m wondering if I’m cooking or starving my frags in my tank with a single OR60 reef daylight 5 inches above water over a 12” shallow tank...

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a sky blue and uv/actinic 7" off water I was getting 300 just under water. 70 at 24" down.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a sky blue and uv/actinic 7" off water I was getting 300 just under water. 70 at 24" down.

That was with two lights? Probably even lower with one like I have, plus I have the 120 degree lens on mine too which will give even less penetration. I’m guessing yours is a 90 degree?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct 2 fixtures both 90* lenses.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I’ll want to lower it. I was wondering if the coral frags were turning a bit bland color-wise due to low light or too high of light compared to my display.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What size fixture, the 60, 90, or 120?

Also -- UV/Violet and Royal Blue are misleading... They give out VERY little PAR... But TONS of PUR, which makes a vast difference.

It may be giving three times as much USABLE (pUr) light than you can even test for. So it may seem low at 70 pAr, but it could, in reality, be twice as powerful as 2-3 T5 bulbs of similar length (Specifically with the UV/Violet bar)

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 120. I was kinda figuring each led bar was equal to 2 t5 bulbs of the same length.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 120. I was kinda figuring each led bar was equal to 2 t5 bulbs of the same length.

Gotcha. Yeah I think PAR readings are misleading for the lower nm spectrums as those spectrums aren't measured in PAR. So a reef daylight would be a better judge for PAR. That's the quirky part about PAR and blue, UV, Violet light. And Infrared Light too actually.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope to know some par readings here soon. Awaiting second orphek (1uv and 1blue sky) I also have a shallow tank 16” deep. Just adding the UV, I’ve seen a turn in colors for the better already. Very happy with the light! Should Be getting my new lense for my photos as well Friday and will update with some photos of just the UV addition.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope to know some par readings here soon. Awaiting second orphek (1uv and 1blue sky) I also have a shallow tank 16” deep. Just adding the UV, I’ve seen a turn in colors for the better already. Very happy with the light! Should Be getting my new lense for my photos as well Friday and will update with some photos of just the UV addition.

The UV/Sky Blue PAR was just posted above, that's what we were talking about.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two with 90* optics were 300 par at water level with lights 7" off the water, and at 24" only 70 par. but as I was saying, PAR literally doesn't work with UV/Violet, so it may be reading extremely low and untrue numbers.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I did find that I didnt really care for was the fact of still having hot spots. With the 2 bars on the front and back of my 6bulb t5 fixture all the par was focused in one small spot in the middle of the tank .due to the bars being angled in. I feel these lights would be better by themselves in the middle of the tank pointing straight down. I bet they would do real well in conjunction with the aquatic life t5 retro kit.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I did find that I didnt really care for was the fact of still having hot spots. With the 2 bars on the front and back of my 6bulb t5 fixture all the par was focused in one small spot in the middle of the tank .due to the bars being angled in. I feel these lights would be better by themselves in the middle of the tank pointing straight down. I bet they would do real well in conjunction with the aquatic life t5 retro kit.

If they aren't the primary light source, I would have heavily suggested 120* optics for this reason.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was suggested the 90* as I planned to replace my t5s with a total of 4 led bars. I plan to get the reefday next and then determine if I need another skyblue at that point.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many would be recomended to offer proper spread and color blending to replace 8t5? I don’t plan to fully replace as I’ve seen great things due to lack of shading with t5, just curious.

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup but was getting insane par. Almost 500 on the sand. What height are you running your lights at?

Im at 11" above the tank. I could go a little lower but the t5 fixture is almost as wide as the tank so I need the height to get enough angle on the bars so they shine in the tank.
Corals are still growing like crazy from the lights and my wd frag is showing colors the mother colony didn't have from the chinese box leds that lit the tank. Thinking about selling my ATI to do a retrofit 4 bulb with the two bars I have

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back