Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any tanks lit with ONLY the 18k "Reef Daylight" bar?

I would like to see how it looks by itself. It should be on the bluer side, but i'm unsure if it'll actually be more yellow than I imagine

Here’s my frag setup with one Reef Daylight OR60 over it. Great color, I might add a UV over it in the future. I does render nice color, especially for photos, without haven’t to mess with the white balance too much.

I also included a non-edited shot of my Cynarina coral under it for reference.

1834b52283445e85ebf11d69590b88ee.jpg

ea3124216f0ad37d8367a571fb1a10bf.jpg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @JaaxReef !!! That's exactly what I was looking for, and extremely helpful! I was afraid it would be quite yellow, but that looks really nice and balanced.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie, if you like more blue look just ask to change the red LEDs into 480nm blue this will give you more blueish look .
Don’t forget that in pictures it always look more blue then in realy .

The spectrum said 18k but this is led and if you comper to MH it more like 14k !

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OR spectrum is based on the Atlantik V4 spectrum
The OR reef is Ch 1 of the Atlantik so it not so blue .
Togther with OR blue sky
It give both CH1+2
The OR Uv/ Violet = Ch3

Please check this video to understand more

Really, if it’s based on channel one of the V4, wouldn’t it be REALLY green (I have two V4s and love them)? Is “OR Reef” a spectrum not listed on your site your site?

Once the 60” light is released, I’ll order the daylight strip but have the reds replaced with blues. While the two V4s provide nice light over my 210 gal, I want a strip closer to the front glass to light fish and coral from the front and to give it a fuller look. .

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek will the new control/dim box lower the output, as you said earlier, 20%. I'm still interested in getting 1 or 2 or these in the near future and wondering.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie, if you like more blue look just ask to change the red LEDs into 480nm blue this will give you more blueish look .
Don’t forget that in pictures it always look more blue then in realy .

The spectrum said 18k but this is led and if you comper to MH it more like 14k !

Nope, I just wanted a good visual representation of how it looks. It's hard for me to tell if it's not over a tank, if that makes sense.

I actually just made a thread the other day talking about how important I feel the yellow, red, and green spectrums are, and talking about wanting to increase warm white lighting. So I'm definitely in favor of full spectrum lighting.

Running a radion currently, I'm debating either a Reef Daylight 18k bar, OR a custom 50/50 bar made of UV/Violet and Sky Blue to supplement my radion. Decisions, decisions.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, if it’s based on channel one of the V4, wouldn’t it be REALLY green (I have two V4s and love them)? Is “OR Reef” a spectrum not listed on your site your site?

Once the 60” light is released, I’ll order the daylight strip but have the reds replaced with blues. While the two V4s provide nice light over my 210 gal, I want a strip closer to the front glass to light fish and coral from the front and to give it a fuller look. .

Red and Green look like crisp white to our eyes. Cyan is kind of a green-teal color, and it looks like a particularly nice, crisp, non-yellow white for sure.

You may actually prefer it as is, if your goal is a full spectrum and true color rendition. Just food for thought buddy!

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting Rakie, I had a Sky Blue modified by replacing 10 of the most dominant color with Orphek's "12k" LED. I thought they messed up when I turned it on as these 10 have a light green/teal color to them looking at the LED's directly, but the light on the tank isn't green at all. I'd say overall it made this bar about 15k ish but not yellow. Not sure how this compares to their Reef Daylight as I don't have one of those......yet. My guess is I'll end up with this first custom bar plus two SB, one RD, and one UV. 5 bars for 540w for $810 with full mix of colors over a good 60" all at slightly different angles to prevent shading.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 Reef daylights, 1 sky blue, and 1 UV. Th Reef daylight is very white/pink and will take quite a bit of blue to mute it. Different from MH 15K. My advice is to either swap the reds or use 2:1 Sky Blue:Reef Daylight

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red and Green look like crisp white to our eyes. Cyan is kind of a green-teal color, and it looks like a particularly nice, crisp, non-yellow white for sure.

You may actually prefer it as is, if your goal is a full spectrum and true color rendition. Just food for thought buddy!

Well, I have two V4s, and with just channel one on, it looks really green. I get that the other channels balance it out, but I would not buy a stand alone bar that is that green.

ikolbaba06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bars intrigue me quite a bit. I very much dislike the disco ball like effect leds have and wondering if these bars produce it as much as non-diffused radions or the primes etc? I love my kessils because of that one factor.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bars intrigue me quite a bit. I very much dislike the disco ball like effect leds have and wondering if these bars produce it as much as non-diffused radions or the primes etc? I love my kessils because of that one factor.
Can not attest to the effect as of yet. Using in conjunction with t5 so everything looks blended to me. Will be ordering the second light, a blue sky, once invoice is received. Keep you posted on led only effect if notice anything once received.

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a UV and a blue along with six bulbs of t5 goodness and the tank is exploding with growth. There is no disco ball in mine because all the leds are blue to purple. Any time you have leds and waves at the top you'll have a shimmer though

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a UV and a blue along with six bulbs of t5 goodness and the tank is exploding with growth. There is no disco ball in mine because all the leds are blue to purple. Any time you have leds and waves at the top you'll have a shimmer though

I have the same setup but was getting insane par. Almost 500 on the sand. What height are you running your lights at?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi it based but not the same because in the OR reef it must be full spectrum so it have everything corals needed in it .

it not simple task to built the OR150 but we are working on it .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek will the new control/dim box lower the output, as you said earlier, 20%. I'm still interested in getting 1 or 2 or these in the near future and wondering.
Hi . It will not lower the output becuse the controller is btw the driver and the LED body .
If we use a Menwell dim driver and connact to it an external controller like appex , we found out that the dim driver provide 20% less then the normal driver same watt . But we in stall our controller btw the driver and light body . The controller is wide range . So if we will connact to it a 80watt driver at 100% it will give 80watt . If we will connact to it 60watt it will give 60watt . Same as our Atlantik. And Atlantik compact . The Atlantik v4 we connact to it 240w and the compact 150w . But it is the same PC Card . Same idea for the OR . So we built one box that will serve for all models .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With Orphek LEDs there is no disco . Simple becuse we use lots of LEDs in the array . Or in the bar or in the Atlantik or Amazons line .

The disco become when you have bunch of LEDs all togther then space then another bench of LEDs like two spot light .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have two V4s, and with just channel one on, it looks really green. I get that the other channels balance it out, but I would not buy a stand alone bar that is that green.
Yes it the Atlantik V4 you should use all channels together.
I the OR reef day light you can use it without other bar just as day light because it have all LEDs that corals needs,

To add actors pop up and blue need to add the OR skynlue .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back