Buyer beware mp10 quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like a scammer trying to spread hate because of their own errors.
Bit harsh, there is no evidence to call the op a scammer and spreading hate, maybe not following the correct procedure is what has happened here at most.

The OP is not in the USA, getting a warranty issue resolved from a USA business when you are outside the US can be not so straight forward than if you were inside the US.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is all this discussion about Lemons....a person could get offended! My old fired attorney did advise me not to sell used cars....wonder why? LOL. Buy Tunze and experience a great product and support....yeah know advice from a Lemon. What ya gona do?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed ecotech 1st, because I assumed like any new electronic you just talked to them, they answered quickly but redirected me to the people I'm rma'ing it too. The thing is it took them 4-5days to get back to me, so I emailed the vendor asking what I should do. And they sent me on a quest to another vendor.
I knew this was going to be a head ache so I thought if it was just the driver 100 bucks well spent and they could have it out to me. With rma shipping times, and time to fix it I asked the vendor that's a boat ride away if they would just refund me or swap it. They sent me ecotechs how to do a hard restart.

If I was local I would have just gone to the store, but it's about 5h of travel and 90$ each way on the ferry. Even if they just agreed to replace it I'm still 3 weeks with out a pump, that's brand new and expensive.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed ecotech 1st, because I assumed like any new electronic you just talked to them, they answered quickly but redirected me to the people I'm rma'ing it too. The thing is it took them 4-5days to get back to me, so I emailed the vendor asking what I should do. And they sent me on a quest to another vendor.
I knew this was going to be a head ache so I thought if it was just the driver 100 bucks well spent and they could have it out to me. With rma shipping times, and time to fix it I asked the vendor that's a boat ride away if they would just refund me or swap it. They sent me ecotechs how to do a hard restart.

If I was local I would have just gone to the store, but it's about 5h of travel and 90$ each way on the ferry. Even if they just agreed to replace it I'm still 3 weeks with out a pump, that's brand new and expensive.
Totally agreee! Even though my Nero 5 was not brand new but a $240 pump that only last for about two years is not acceptable. The pump wasn’t exploded or not power up. I am pretty sure it wasn’t something the tech can easily fix but again they wanted $145 from me plus I had to pay shipping.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is all this discussion a out Lemons....a person could get offended! My old fired attorney did advise me not to sell used cars....wonder why? LOL. Buy Tunze and experience a great product and support....yeah know advice from a Lemon. What ya gona do?
All these Tunze salespeople up in here! Their ATO pumps have been anything but great for me, so I never ventured further than that.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these Tunze salespeople up in here! Their a ATO pumps have been anything but great for me, so I never ventured further than that.
Come on you think they would pay a Lemon to sell anything? I do have a ATO that I have to send in for a rebuild and it only ran for about 15 years....

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on you think they would pay a Lemon to sell anything? I do have a ATO that I have to send in for a rebuild and it only ran for about 15 years....
We all white knight our brands, funny part of this hobby. I am a first generation Vortech user and Ecotech have been great the whole time. Neptune too, my aqua controller jr is running flawlessly after 15 years.

Oh, and there is no mistaking that I support the innovative US companies in a hobby that was dominated by the EU when I started.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They rebuild ATOs?
Yes, Roger can trouble shoot and provide replacement parts. Mine is in the controller somewhere but it is better to send in the whole unit after you test the pump. The pump is the most often item to fail. If the pump is good it has to be in the controller. Floats can stick or fail in the smaller unit as well. I clean the float at least a couple times a year or more often if algae is a problem.

I have a wave pump and controller to send in as well for testing and repair. Not long ago, Roger sent me parts for a customer's 20 plus year old protein skimmer pumps. He had to contact a friend of his in Germany who had the parts since Tunze no longer made them. That impressed me for sure! How many people in customer service would go that far?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all white knight our brands, funny part of this hobby. I am a first generation Vortech user and Ecotech have been great the whole time. Neptune too, my aqua controller jr is running flawlessly after 15 years.

Oh, and there is no mistaking that I support the innovative US companies in a hobby that was dominated by the EU when I started.
It is funny you say that since most of the companies actually manufacture their products in China. I think some of Eheim and Tunze and for sure all of Ecotech and Vortech are made in China. No one actually mold injects, winds motors, or makes pumps in the USA that I am aware of. Of course I am no longer in the aquarium trade as a distributor so I am sure I could be wrong.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is funny you say that since most of the companies actually manufacture their products in China. I think some of Eheim and Tunze and for sure all of Ecotech and Vortech are made in China. No one actually mold injects, winds motors, or makes pumps in the USA that I am aware of. Of course I am no longer in the aquarium trade as a distributor so I am sure I could be wrong.
Yep, generally “assembled in X” is as good as you can get with electronics, with some parts locally manufactured. But the IP, innovation and headquarters matters too.

OP
OP
W

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can link the email from ecotech re routing me, but it has a big confidentiality foot note? They reroute because I would get hit with 90$ duty fee and brokerage coming from the states.
Either way I'm shipping it out after work.
It's not slander if it's true. I'm happy everyone else has had stellar experiences.
I was really excited to be able to afford and enjoy a more high end build and the peace of mind that came with a reputable brand. But having issues straight out of the box this bad makes me nervous for when my frags are colonies and irreplaceable.
I'm happy I didn't post my nero 5 for sale, if they were in stock I would have replaced it with 2x nero 3's, but opted for the "upgrade" to two mp10's.

I was a die hard ecotech fanboi on my 1st tank build in 2010, and currently was very excited to run a high tech sps nano. The dream of radions, vectra and vortecs were now obtainable to me.

So it more feels like finally meeting your hero and getting spat on.

With the amount of information about how many people had the same issues as me out their I should have done better research instead of blindly trusting the brand name on such an integral part of the tank.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You know the quality of their products have dropped significantly to include their customer service? I am speaking from experience here.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can link the email from ecotech re routing me, but it has a big confidentiality foot note? They reroute because I would get hit with 90$ duty fee and brokerage coming from the states.
Either way I'm shipping it out after work.
It's not slander if it's true. I'm happy everyone else has had stellar experiences.
I was really excited to be able to afford and enjoy a more high end build and the peace of mind that came with a reputable brand. But having issues straight out of the box this bad makes me nervous for when my frags are colonies and irreplaceable.
I'm happy I didn't post my nero 5 for sale, if they were in stock I would have replaced it with 2x nero 3's, but opted for the "upgrade" to two mp10's.

I was a die hard ecotech fanboi on my 1st tank build in 2010, and currently was very excited to run a high tech sps nano. The dream of radions, vectra and vortecs were now obtainable to me.

So it more feels like finally meeting your hero and getting spat on.

With the amount of information about how many people had the same issues as me out their I should have done better research instead of blindly trusting the brand name on such an integral part of the tank.
Well said. Don’t just chase the brand because brand name doesn’t mean quality but def meant more money.

Same with Hanna, I trusted the brand and got the magnesium checker right out of the gate instead of wait for reviews.

now I am stuck like 99% of the buyers here. Sent it back more than two weeks. No response to the email yet. I will call them today and get back with you guys.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the quality of their products have dropped significantly to include their customer service? I am speaking from experience here.
You have shared that opinion already, I get it. But opinions are just that, mine included.

But you will have to excuse me from taking yours too seriously as you seemed to throw rocks at everyone to begin with, Tunze, AI, included, and then touted Jebao. So yeah.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have shared that opinion already, I get it. But opinions are just that, mine included.

But you will have to excuse me from taking yours too seriously as you seemed to throw rocks at everyone to begin with, Tunze, AI, included, and then touted Jebao. So yeah.
Back at you!

OP
OP
W

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well shipped out for 120 bucks, new board and this error. Will not update as a legacy device.
At this point what do i do just run it manually?
Screenshot_20220705-192618_Mobius.jpg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Nero 5 that died after maybe less than 2 years I believed. It was retail $199.99 back then and wanted $145 for the repair because it was stuck on a red light smh

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back