It's Just a Tank

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are pectina hard to frag? If not I may have one for you @Goaway . The green and yellow one?
I used bone cutters and dipped after. was rough on the flesh, but easier than expected. i only took a small bit cuz most of it is grown onto a rock and I can't get without a bandsaw.

the one youse tubes video (mad hatter reef) to learn made it look easy and he used bone cutters. He also didn't worry about getting an eye. I split the ring.
@Fish Styx how's the pectinia I gave you?

edit: also willing to chunk off a piece of the space invader.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used bone cutters and dipped after. was rough on the flesh, but easier than expected. i only took a small bit cuz most of it is grown onto a rock and I can't get without a bandsaw.

the one youse tubes video (mad hatter reef) to learn made it look easy and he used bone cutters. He also didn't worry about getting an eye. I split the ring.

The eye is the stomach, so this intrigues me. Without a stomach the coral will starve. Unless there's something to pectinias I don't know about?

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It's doing well. I mounted it in the bottom of the tank. Seems happy.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The eye is the stomach, so this intrigues me. Without a stomach the coral will starve. Unless there's something to pectinias I don't know about?
It will survive via photosynthesis until the eye / mouth heals and others form.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It will survive via photosynthesis until the eye / mouth heals and others form.
this was my assumption, but I didn't investigate further.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to say the same thing. Get it from your friends! Planning my trial run with your pink nepthea first.

I think it's just about ready. Is shipping safe to Ohio in mid-March?
1709750198301.jpeg
We've had snow on opening day (early april) so anyone's guess. No rush whenever you think it's good. I'm bottling honey this weekend ;)

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably easier when you have one of those band saws, right? I don't think bone cutters are going to be a very clean job on that (or mine)...
Was going to try my dremmel knock off.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a Fraggle Rock?

Fraggle Rock GIF by Apple TV+
Fraggles are technically Muppets, aren't they? Well played, though! The reference sailed right over my head initially...

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a Fraggle Rock?

Fraggle Rock GIF by Apple TV+
Great, now I get to spend the rest of the evening with "let the music play // down in fraggle rock *clap, clap*, down in fraggle rock *clap, clap*..." on repeat.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great, now I get to spend the rest of the evening with "let the music play // down in fraggle rock *clap, clap*, down in fraggle rock *clap, clap*..." on repeat.

Geeze guys, thanks! -_-
Well don't go buying one. This one has your name on it. I want to wait to ship it tho just to be safe since I have never shipped anything. As long as your ok with that?
It's not a big deal, but I will wait.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, so thoughts... DKH dropped to 6 due to Jabea app update I did not notice. So, the doser was probably off for a day or 2. Working on upping the alk to 9 dkh where I usually kept it in the past. Baking soda is currently in use while AFR gets back into cycle.

Nitrates are being dosed neonitro, used 4 caps yesterday, 2 caps in the morning and 2 after dinner time. Nitrates were at 5 before bed time. This morning nitrates at 0. I removed 4 + gallons of cheato and will remove more if the lfs wants it. Dinos are less snotty this morning and my turkey baster is missing.

Anyhow the issue at hand. With bringing the DKH up, Eli is acting like she's starving to death. I am not sure if it is related to bringing up the DKH but, she's definitely demanding more food. I may need to get her some live mollies this weekend.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That ribbon is so awesome!!
I love seeing her swim. And the fact she can rest outside of her pvc and not get nipped on.

Hoping she's feeling full. I dont want to think about parasites. She usually peaks out when full.
20240307_095013.jpg

Edit: baby napping and watching brs preferred reefer event thing... I'm bored to tears.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back