C-Vue 26 AOI set up! New here!

Reef-Gang414

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
42
Location
Milwaukee, WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all my name is Luke and I recently set up a cvue 26 all-in-one with a hydra 26 hd. I am currently waiting out the cycle stage and it seems to be taking longer then previous ranks. I have just started getting what look like little brown clusters of I think algae on the rock and sand no bigger then the size of a nail head. I dropped a little bit of shrimp in the back “sump” to give it something to eat.

Any suggestions or advice/comments on what we think is happening or to expect?

Disclaimer: I am going to test the water later tonight for nitrates, but my ammonia and nitrite test isn’t here yet
 

Attachments

  • 29DA9779-22D4-4AEA-B9AD-A44C17B0B87D.MP4
    9.7 MB
Welcome to R2R Luke, and your new reefing adventure.
W9JTQym.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Diatoms are part of the cycle!! Just wait it out its natural!!

I am all for it!! Any suggestions on light time on or off, as well as water temp? I’ve heard things as high as 88F for cycle bacteria and as low as 75F
 
Welcome to R2R!!! It sounds like you are off to a good start with a nice nano system - we’re glad you’re here!
 
I am all for it!! Any suggestions on light time on or off, as well as water temp? I’ve heard things as high as 88F for cycle bacteria and as low as 75F
i would just keep things as stable as possible with water temp! 75-78. As for lights you could just leave them off for now until the cycle has completed and you start adding stuff to tank!
 
i would just keep things as stable as possible with water temp! 75-78. As for lights you could just leave them off for now until the cycle has completed and you start adding stuff to tank!

I’ve always heard leave the lights on a normal cycle but I’m sure it works either way. My thought is you’re going to have to build that photo algae eventually so why not do it all at once during the cycle?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new