Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of your build! I got the wire extension for the ReefWave and ran it along the inside of the tank just above the waterline using clear 3M cable clips.

As for the water line, mine naturally sits at or just below the etched CADE logo. I let the water sit right at the rim of the emergency overflow, there's usually a constant trickle of water through that drain. Hope this helps!

Thank you for saying so. I’ve been trying to keep the thread going the last couple weeks — I’ve been dealing with all kinds of cyano/dinos/etc. in the tank the last few weeks so it was time to let people see the uglies.

In any case, more flow on that other end is what I think I need to add.

Having the water level below the CADE logo would be ideal. I get a lot of salt creep with it being so high. I keep thinking the over flows are just not wide enough, or the bottom weir is getting build up — I’ve unfortunately seem to be too lazy to get to that bottom one and scrub it more frequently.

—-

In any case, thank you for the reply. And I love your aquascape. Happy new year !!!

OP
OP
Hardy_Reef

Hardy_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for saying so. I’ve been trying to keep the thread going the last couple weeks — I’ve been dealing with all kinds of cyano/dinos/etc. in the tank the last few weeks so it was time to let people see the uglies.

In any case, more flow on that other end is what I think I need to add.

Having the water level below the CADE logo would be ideal. I get a lot of salt creep with it being so high. I keep thinking the over flows are just not wide enough, or the bottom weir is getting build up — I’ve unfortunately seem to be too lazy to get to that bottom one and scrub it more frequently.

—-

In any case, thank you for the reply. And I love your aquascape. Happy new year !!!
Best of luck getting through those issues. Flow was definitely my issue as well. I actually ended up replacing 2 MP40s with MP60s recently and it was a night and day difference in the polyp extension, color and overall consumption.

Back